Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Question for BEV (Reading RTDT)

edited October 2004 in Dark Tower
I am reading your book after finishing DTVII. You have done a most excellent job and should be congradulated.

I have one question. Last night I was reading what you had to say about twins/twinners in the DT cycle. You mentioned how Eddie is like Cuthbert and Jake is like Alain and Roland is like SK. Then you talk about Sheemie and Bryan Smith (I believe I am recalling the name correctly: they guy driving the van) being twins of a sort.

This is something that I would have never picked up on. I even went back an reviewed the Sheemie areas an I still don't see it.

I was curious why you would associate them?

Comments

• I don't mean to step on Bev's toes and I am sure that he has a lot more he can say about this, but ...

DTVII pg 434. Last Sentence in section 5.

Sheemie could be Bryan Smith's litter-twin.
  • You are right -- I missed that. I think I was confused because Eddie is like Cuthbert in the way he acts and the other twinners are linked by characteristics other than apperance.

I mean Sheemie was a very good person and Bryan Smith was -- well a jerk at best and possibly a criminal.

• I'm pretty sure DUI is a criminal offense anywere in the US.
  • I think King makes the comparison because the two men are "simple." Childlike, under-developed.