Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

From the set

Just wanted to give everyone a report from the set. I thought I would be able to do this on a daily basis but I haven't wanted to miss a moment of the action to write. Hope you understand.

Yesterday on the set of Gotham Cafe we made cinema history. When Bill Humboldt meets his maker something happens that has never been seen before in film!

The effects Michael S. Pack and his team created went off flawlessly. These were difficult complex shots only attempted on the highest budgeted feature films. A reporter who was on set mentioned that an effect not nearly as complex as what we had going on would requires 36 takes and a day of shooting. We did it in a half hour, maybe less. He also mentioned that our short was bigger than a lot of feature films he covered. We did it on a little shoestring, but what a big baby Gotham has turned out to be, really a short feature, NOT a short film. How it was always conceived in the producer's mind.

The press was quite impressed and I was on cloud nine after. Before the FX shots I was a nervous wreck. One wrong move and Gotham was ruined. Our Director Of Photography Rachel Dunn asked any praying folks in our mix to throw a shout out her way. Someone or something was looking out for us.

The fight with the umbrella was very exciting. The stunt team who works with Bobby Lento were amazing. We will have interviews with them and FX later when we are done working.

Lots of fun to be had on the set. Poor Kevin Brief who was wrapped hung out and we kept calling him back to shoot more. The pro that he is he gave us just that after a grueling day in prosthetics and rigging and tubing with nary a complaint from him.

Funny note:He got his underwear all bloody from the rig and gave them to the producer as a parting gift, a King sized souvenir.

The Carrie moment with the vertical curtain of blood went off famously.

The action has now moved to the kitchen where there will be an evisceration never seen before on film. Blood, bile, fecal matter and urine will be in the mix. Better not eat lunch.

Steve Wozniak inventor of the personal computer stopped by and regaled us with his exploits with the Secret Service between shots. We will have stills from his cameo soon! Some lucky cast and crew got some special souvenirs from Steve they won't soon forget.

What a ride it has been,

thanks to all the Steve's and Bev who helped make it all happen-

thanks to the cast and the best crew in Hollywood

Turtle Bay

Comments

• My only regret is not knowing if I will ever be able to see this productino! It sounds awesome!
  • It is official. We wrapped Gotham Cafe last night. It is fitting that we finished on the same day the Red Sox won.

We made cinema history with several new makeup effects. In future I will have an interview with Michael S. Pack from The Westmore Academy and he will tell you all about them.

I am so pleased with the shoot. Chaney Kley is such a great Steve. I wouldn't trade him for a million dollars. All the actors were perfect in their roles and I know King fans will be very pleased. What is great is this film is like a roller coaster ride at 110 miles an hour and sure to thrill you.

We will be in editing soon with Tom McArdle from The Station Agent.

Stay tuned for updates. Gotham Cafe will be submitted worlwide to festivals and don't despair of seeing it. If you are a fan of Gotham drop Stephen King some

e-mails and tell him you want to see this film. I believe in dreams coming true.
  • I'll have another batch of pictures to post tomorrow morning, so stay tuned.

Tomorrow is a hallmark day: the Red Sox are the first team in baseball history to come back from a 3-0 deficit to tie the series and the Astros have two shots at getting to their first World Series.