Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

My poems

I won third place in the King's Closet poetry contest! My submission was an old piece that I dredged up from the early alt.books.stephen-king days. Jon Skeet has them all posted on this web site.

I'm not sure which one won, but I submitted "The Ludlow Hillbillies" and "Desperation."

Comments

• 'Twas the Ludlow Hillbillies that won 3rd. Bob Ireland was the overall winner. You can read 'em here.
  • Tis much easier to read the version of my poem that is included as the text link. The version on the message board itself is all run together and you will quickly see that it is rather long. :o

I had fun writing this - originally it was going to be a song to the tune of American Pie - you'll see the chorus repeated, but the poem itself wandered from what I originally intended!

I chose the ARC of Dark Tower 6 as my prize!

I was wondering where to put this information on this board - it is SK related but I did not think it fit the General Category and was about to post on the Free For All threads. I looked at this category but it was meant for Bev's other publications! But since Bev mentioned me I just replied here! ;D

Bravo Bev - I liked your poem as well!

• Bev_Vincent wrote: 'Twas the Ludlow Hillbillies that won 3rd. Bob Ireland was the overall winner. You can read 'em here.

CONGRATS BOB AND BEV!!!

Bob, that's awesome, good for you! :) I remember when you were writing it way back when for the contest. Very proud of you (you too Bev, as always! :))

Lin
  • Excellent poems both :)

Bev, I liked the humour in your and I just couldn't think what the hillbilly tune might sound like, so was trying to rhyme it meself...very good fun :)

I particularly liked this bit:

Ol' Gage bought the farm, he got mowed down by a truck

Them poor Creeds, Lord, they didn't have much luck

Louis thought he'd give the Sematary one more chance

Bob, epic in stature the books are, epic in dreamquality and rememberences your poem is :)

Well done, matey! :)

And, I might sign up to this KingsCloset messageboard - looks cool :)
  • Lin242 wrote:

CONGRATS BOB AND BEV!!!

Bob, that's awesome, good for you! :)  I remember when you were writing it way back when for the contest.  Very proud of you (you too Bev, as always! :))

Lin

:) Thanks Linny!  :)

Dukky too! :)
  • Congrats to both of you - well done.