Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

December '04

Since the contracts arrived tonight, I feel safe in announcing that the previously mentioned translation is:

Russian!

The Road to the Dark Tower will be published by AST Publishers in Russia. The contract is very cool. The left column is English, the right column is Cyrillic.

Comments

• Very Cool! My 18 yr old daughter is taking Russian I in HS right now and loves it. In fact, she is headed to Russia over Spring Break. We are all very excited!

And that reminds me - I have a Russian The Gunslinger Hardback. It was the second foreign edition in my collection, which now includes, Japanese, Polish, Hungarian, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Danish, and a few more I cannot remember!
  • According to an online translator, it will be titled:
  • Bev, your book was included as part of Quint's annual Gift Guide for Geeks over at Ain't It Cool News:

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=18956

Quint's a big Stephen King fan, and had one of the earliest reviews of DTVII I saw on the 'net. Congrats!

Blu
  • Thanks! Ron, my editor, pointed this out to me, too. Here's what Quint say:

The final book I'm gonna mention that's in the CHEAP price range is Bev Vincent's THE ROAD TO THE DARK TOWER: EXPLORING STEPHEN KING'S MAGNUM OPUS. This book is a must for any Dark Tower fanatic, like me. In the pages of this book you'll find out how Roland came about, what King's inspirations were and a detailed play by play of the series that underlines early foreshadowing and even clarifies some questions one may have after finishing the series. At 10.17 this book is a must buy for the Tower junkie in your circle.
  • Amazon has enabled the look inside this book feature for Road.
  • Maybe people are choosing Road as a Christmas gift for their loved ones, and bless them if they are! My Amazon sales ranking is back below 1000 again (#958 at the moment) after being in the 1000-1500 range mostly for the past several weeks.
  • Great news Bev! Continued congratulations!
  • Bev, I like the way your writing flows.

Congrats on the Christmas sales also :)
  • Bev -

I got a copy for a fellow "Tower" junkie. Packaged with a hardcover copy of "The Shining," which he'd - gasp! - never read, I think it'll make a good present. It's been hard, though, having that in the house but not wanting to flip through it since I'll have my own copy....one of these days....from Cemetery Dance.

Blu
  • I received a big box from my publisher last night, not something I was expecting. Inside were copies of the three original sets of documents that eventually became The Road to the Dark Tower: original manuscript, marked up manuscript and marked up page proofs. My editor sent them to me "for my archives." I was very pleased; I would never have thought to ask for these things back, and I will treasure them.
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: original manuscript, marked up manuscript and marked up page proofs. My editor sent them to me "for my archives." I was very pleased; I would never have thought to ask for these things back, and I will treasure them.
    WOW!! Bev, that is so excellent! Something for your own personal treasure, and so unique at that. ;D Congrats again!
  • I received the 1000+ signature pages for the numbered edition and the 60+ pages for the lettered edition tonight. I hope to get them finished and ready to ship back to Cemetery Dance by the end of the weekend.
  • It's good keeping things for nostalgia aways down the line.

It will be so cool for you looking at these manuscripts and papers 20 years down the line and knowing that this is your first published book.

Nice :)
  • That is a class move by your publisher!
  • Amazon is now listing two e-versions of Road, PDF and Microsoft Reader. I haven't seen them yet or confirmed them through download, but this probably goes hand in hand with the searchable text feature.