Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Het pad naar de Donkere Toren

I received this e-mail a few minutes ago:

I wanted to let you know that we will be selling your book: "Het pad naar de Donkere Toren" (the Dutch translation from Road to the Dark Tower) on our fanclubday on april 16th. As you know the publisher Luitingh Sijthoff is giving us the opportunaty to sell DT7 with a special inlay for this day. Because your book is coming out on the same date as DT7, just before the 16th, we have the opportunity to sell this to on our fanclubday. We hope to get lots of respons from our fans about this... How about that!?

Greetings!

Chrissy

Stephen King Fanclub Netherlands

Comments

• See a little more about it here. I'm trying to get a larger copy of the cover.
  • My bio on the publisher's web site:

Bev Vincent werd geboren in New Brunswick en woonde acht jaar in Halifax, Nova Scotia, waar hij studeerde aan Dalhousie University. Hij behaalde een graad in de scheikunde en woonde twee jaar in Zürich, Zwitserland. Sinds 1989 woont hij samen met zijn echtgenote en hun tienerdochter in Texas.

Bev Vincent is redacteur van Cemetery Dance magazine en recenseert boeken voor de Conroe Courier. Hij publiceerde al dertig korte verhalen, onder andere in de prijswinnende bloemlezing From the Borderlands, in gezelschap van grote namen als Stephen King en Whitley Strieber. Tevens is hij co-auteur van een aantal wetenschappelijke artikelen.

Meer informatie over Bev Vincent en zijn werk is te vinden op zijn website: www.bevvincent.com.
  • Likes the cover and the way the colours and artwork blend :)

• The Dutch SK fan club chairperson told me that they sold 79 copies of Road on the Dutch King Fanclub Day(as compared to 117 copies of DT7, out the same day).

I had sent a batch of signed bookplates to help the fan club out, and they were apparently a big hit.

There's supposed to be a slideshow of the day here, but I couldn't get it to run, so I hacked the code, found the images directory and just browsed on my own!

http://213.204.210.69/images/fanclubdag
  • The bookplates look fantastic!

Well done on your Dutch Promotion, Bev :)
  • Hi Bev,

I bought DT7 at the bookstore in Belgium, translated in dutch. It was delivered with your book inlay, so I bought your book too. Nice work! I love work about works of Stephen King.
  • Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
  • I received my first sales report from the Dutch publisher last night. As of last March, they had sold nearly 2000 copies of the book and I've earned back 80% of my advance. The statement was refreshingly simple and easy to understand, a single page with all the info any writer would like to see.