Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Locus recommended reading list

Check out the Non-Fiction section!

This recommended reading list, published in Locus Magazine's February 2005 issue, is a consensus by Locus editors and reviewers -- Charles N. Brown, Gary K. Wolfe, Jonathan Strahan, Faren Miller, Russell Letson, Nick Gevers, Carolyn Cushman, Tim Pratt, Karen Haber, and Rich Horton -- and other professionals, including Gardner Dozois, David G. Hartwell, Michael Swanwick, Ellen Datlow, Kelly Link & Gavin Grant, and others. It takes at least two positive mentions to make the final list. Essays by many of these contributors are published in the February issue.

Comments

• Well done, Bev! :)

• Road got three separate mentions in the 2004: Year in Review section of February's Locus.

• There's much more literature on Stephen King's work, but most of it can be skipped. Not so with Vincent's The Road to the Dark Tower, the first full-length study of King's 30-year opus, a book-by-book summary with explanations and commentary. (Charles N. Brown)
    • an excellent and maybe even vital guide to King's grand opus. (Faren C. Miller)
    • I didn't see Bev Vincent's book on King's Dark Tower series. (Gary K. Wolfe) ;D

Hey, a mention is better than no mention at all!
  • I guess Gary Wolfe doesn't know what he missed! ;D