Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

**Spoiler**A few Questions after Second Reading

edited February 2005 in Dark Tower
I am in the process of reading the last 3 Dark Tower books for the second time.  Just starting part 3 of the Dark Tower, In the Haze of Green and Gold.

A few questions;

After the attack of Algul Siento,  Roalnd and Jake leave to america, Suzannah, Ted and Dinky I believe take a train to Fedic.  Could the remaining breakers if they decided to stay continued breaking?  (I believe this task gave off a good feeling).  If so, it would have been in Roland's best interest to make them leave or to kill them.

On his deathbed, Jake through the touch heard Eddie murmer, "All is forgotten in the stone halls of the dead.  These are the rooms of ruin where the spiders spin and the great circuits fall quiet one by one."  Does this mean there quest for the tower will fail, that evil will prevail and the machines of the old people or the magic of prim is failing.

Comments

• 1) Without the watchers there to organize them, I don't think the remaining Breakers would have accomplished much. The wooden buildings where they worked were destroyed and I suspect that beyond a limitless supply of food that most of the other things that were provided to entertain them would be gone soon. The movies, the sex, stuff like that, probably required the watchers to keep in operation.

2) The great circuits may have been failing, i.e. the artificial beams that were created by the old ones, but the magic persists and, we are led to believe, will regenerate itself in spite of the old ones.

Some thought provoking questions, though. Welcome to my board and I hope you have some more.