Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Music Hath Charms

edited March 2005 in Short Stories
Here's something a little different from what you might expect from me! A little bit of erotica called Music Hath Charms. I guess it would probably be mildly R-rated if it were a movie. Maybe only PG-13. More implied than shown.

I wrote it for a contest a while back, but it didn't win, so I shopped it around until Amatory Ink picked it up.

Comments

• Well. :) Still waters run deep I see, no pun intended.

Very nicely done Mr. Vincent. I think you and I could do some nice work together. Writing work, writing work. ;)

Of course if you never read my Hallowe'en story, you wouldn't know. ;D

I like this different side of your writing.

Lin :)
  • Bev: the imagery was excellent and the setting superb. Sometimes the fantasy can easily outshine the reality and that's why so many people are lonely - victims of their own imaginations.

But sometimes they can be beautiful things too as shown here - good job!

I particularly liked this: "His spidery fingers entranced her as they danced over the keys, massaging out a breezy jazz piece."

Nice :)
  • Another interesting thing about this story is that I wrote it, then I later went on a cruise and saw how things were different than I'd originally written (for example, I originally had him playing on a grand piano but then saw the one onboard using just a keyboard) so I was able to go back and make it a little more realistic.
  • I've never been on a cruise ship, but I would imagine a grand piano - elegant.

• They might have one for the stage area, but the bars are fairly small and the ship I was on, which was vast, had only a small keyboard in the lounge.
  • A quaint and amusing little fantasy! Like Dukky, I have never been on a cruise ship. Maybe someday after my kids grow up and are out of college I will be able to afford such a luxury! ;D

• We're lucky here in that we can just drive down to Galveston for one, which reduces the cost. We went on a 4-day outing last fall, and it was really quite affordable without having to fly, etc.
  • That would definitely help out Bev, although we would still need to find someone to watch over my 15 year old sons. they are not old enough to be left alone for 4 days - that's for sure!
  • That's what grandparents are for! ;D
  • I have been on a number of cruises over the years and I agree with Bev's observation. They usually have one place with a nice, big piano. Mostly, though, they use keyboards for music.
  • I agree but the grandparents on my side both have alzheimers and the grandparents on my wife's side live too far away! I guess we'll just wait a bit longer before we start cruisin!
  • Brandon went before I did! How UNFAIR is that? *hmph* :D Him and Shannon went with her folks on an 8-day Carribean cruise last year with Carnivale. He said the ship was "behemoth", so I guess it was huge. I remember him saying there was a grand piano in the main lounge and then other little bars and stuff. He wasn't old enough to drink anyways, since he was 18 and he needed to be 21. :)

Lin
  • Interesting to see you extend yourself into other forms of writing Bev! Maybe you should give this one to the wife before bedtime some night! ;)