Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Accent: an online literary review

edited March 2005 in Book Reviews
I have several reviews in the inaugural issue of Accent, where I am a member of the charter editorial board. Check it out!

Comments

• Very nice - what is on your to be reviewed pile?
  • Currently:
    • I Am Charlotte Simmons (Tom Wolfe)
    • Prime (Poppy Z. Brite)
    • Transgressions (Ed McBain, editor)
  • The new issue of Accent is online with a batch of my reviews. I think these are new:

Limits of Enchantment (Graham Joyce)

Double Homicide (Kellermans)

I Am Charlotte Simmons (Tom Wolfe)

Prime (Poppy Z. Brite)
  • The June issue is now up. My reviews are Inside Out (Nick Mason), The Good Wife (Stewart O'Nan) and All the Flowers are Dying (Lawrence Block). There's also a review of The Road to the Dark Tower.
  • Interesting reviews, Bev. I'm curious; are you asked to review particular books, or do you review what you read yourself? For example, are you interested in Pink Floyd, or rock band histories yourself?

Great review of ROAD, by the way.

HBJ
  • So far I've been picking my own books to review. I've been a big Floyd fan since the late 1970s. When I had a signing at Borders a while back, I had a lot of free time on my hands so I picked up Mason's book and browsed it, then ordered a copy for myself. If I wasn't interested in Floyd, I probably wouldn't have read the book. (You'd never catch me reading the official biography of Guns N Roses, for example, if such a thing existed!)

The editor has queried me about reviewing one book so far, but I have enough of my own choosing to submit that it's not an issue.
  • Is O'Nan's THE GOOD WIFE a recent release?
  • Fairly recent -- April
  • I'll have to take a look for it..I love O'Nan and The Good Wife sounds very interesting.
  • New reviews online:
  • It's been a while, but there's a new batch of reviews up at Accent: