Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Theme music

edited June 2004 in General news
Author: tree36

Does anyone know what that song is at the beginning of kingdom hospital.

Author: Bev Vincent

"Worry About You" Performed by Ivy

Author: newinside

Also for what it is worth, the beginning is done by the same people that did the opening sequence to 6 Feet Under.

Author: Lin242

That IS worth something new! :) I also asked in SKBB who sang that (and Bev told me it was Ivy) because it expressly reminded me of the opening of Six Feet Under which is awesome. I initially thought it was Dido.

Thanks so much for that info.

Lin :)

Author: newinside

I do aim to please.

Author: Lin242

Lin's fave bathroom plaque EVER:

We aim to please. You aim too please.

I still love that.

Lin :)

Comments

• “Kingdom Hospital,” the Stephen King-adapted series that debuts March 3 on ABC, has chosen a theme song, Billboard.com has learned. The winner? A three-year old tune called “Worry About You” from New York rock act Ivy.

“It's perfect,” says lead singer and songwriter Andy Chase (Ivy is also comprised of Chase's wife, Dominique Durand, and Fountains Of Wayne's Adam Schlesinger). “The three of us always heard 'Worry About You' as having a slightly dark, twisted undercurrent. It's so repetitive; we always thought about it as a nursery rhyme gone bad.”

So how did Ivy -- whose songs have previously appeared in TV shows like “Felicity,” Farrelly Brothers films like “There's Something About Mary” and on Holland America cruise line commercials -- find itself as musical accompaniment for the master of horror's rewrite of Lars von Triers' miniseries?

For “Kingdom Hospital,” King took matters into his own hands. “He called Adam directly,” recounts Chase. “Adam thought I was pulling a prank on him, because I do that kind of thing all the time.” King, who has now also become an Ivy fan, loved FOW's Grammy-nominated “Stacy's Mom,” and wanted Schlesinger to write a similar song for the show.

After watching the pilot, Schlesinger politely demurred, suggesting instead that “Worry,” from Ivy's 2001 Nettwerk album “Long Distance,” would be better suited to open the show. By this time, King had been hospitalized with double pneumonia, so Schlesinger's suggestions went direct to the producer, who agreed wholeheartedly. So did King, once he recovered.

The opening credits, with which “Worry” are matched, have been crafted by Emmy winners Digital Kitchen (HBO's “Six Feet Under”). “So it has a very left-of-center, mysterious, slightly creepy but absolutely beautiful look,” says Chase. A Fountains Of Wayne song, “Red Dragon Tattoo,” will also recur during the series.

Despite a loyal fan base and a decade's worth of critical acclaim, Ivy hasn't made much of an impact on the charts, which makes the trio very open to possibilities in film and television. “We've stopped thinking about [a hit],” says Chase. “Our music lends itself nicely to being used against images; clearly people in commercials and film and TV like using our songs. But it's a double-edged sword, because nobody thinks our music can go up against Limp Bizkit [chart-wise]. Ivy is not left-of-center enough to be that unique, and too left of center to be a cookie-cutter band that'll automatically get airplay.”

Ivy's next record, so far untitled, is expected out in the late summer on Nettwerk. Andy and Dominique's side project, Paco, will see its first full-length album, “This Is Where We Live” issued in May on Unfiltered Records.[
  • The theme song "Worry About You" was performed by a band called "Ivy". Click below for an interview with frontman Andy Chase about the song and Stephen King.

http://www.stephenkingshortmovies.com/goto.php?interviews/Andy_Chase.php