Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Palavercon

edited April 2005 in Dark Tower
tdt.net's summer convention has a website.

Comments

• Looks to be the same timeframe as SKEMERCon 2005! SK Fans converging all over New England this Summer!
  • That looks really interesting. :) Bob, I wouldn't be surprised, because our Miler meet coincided with the SKEMERs last year, remember, July 23-25.

Lin
  • I'll be at Palaver. Hope to see some of you there!
  • July 22-24 are the dates of PalaverCon, the Stephen King/Dark Tower convention organized by Michaela Wiener and underwritten by Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc. being held in Durham, NH.

Featured guests include:

-Darrel Anderson (artist for Song of Susannah)

-Rick Berry (artist for Talisman/Black House and the 1984 Grant edition of The Talisman)

-Phil Hale (artist for The Drawing of the Three 1st and 2nd editions and the 1984 Grant edition of The Talisman)

-Frank M. Robinson (The Glass Inferno, The Power, Pulp Culture: The Art of Fiction Magazines)

-Michael Whelan (artist for Gunslinger, The Dark Tower (DT 7) and the 1984 Grant edition of The Talisman)

This will be a unique opportunity to meet with other Stephen King/Dark Tower fans as well as four of the artists who have visually depicted his novels in Donald Grant deluxe editions over the past 23 years.

One highlight will be the largest ever (and never to be repeated) display of original art from Stephen King's Dark Tower and related series. Whelan, Hale, Berry and Anderson will be participating in program events throughout the convention. With these award winning gunslingers of art, there's a high likelihood of some real art action going down - there'll almost certainly be some live collaboration happening. If you're lucky you might just be able to bid for and get one of these historic pieces fresh off the easel!

For full details check the link below:

http://www.palavercon.com
  • That sounds like such a fantastic weekend!

All that artwork being showed off, and even getting to meet the artists - nice :)
  • Sounds Like I missed a great time is there going to be another one next year?