Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Journals of Eleanor Druse

edited June 2004 in General news

Author: Bev Vincent

King's official website released the news:

It was written by author, Rick Dooling, who also wrote episodes 6, 7, 8 and 11 as well as co-writing episode 5 of Kingdom Hospital. Rick also served as a technical advisor and producer for the series. He is the author of White Man's Grave and Brain Storm.

This has been a more or less open secret since King accidentally spilled the beans during a radio interview last fall. However, at Rick's request, those of us who knew have remained mum on the subject even when other people guessed correctly or heard the interview.

Now, the truth is out there. If you've read any of his books -- and I'd highly recommend them -- you'll see some similarities in tone, especially with Critical Care.

Author: newinside

I heard that interview on-line a while back.

I have never read any of his other stuff, though. Maybe I will check it out.

Have any of you read this book? I have heard that it gives a lot of insight into the series and that a lot of people actually are more interested in the book than the show! Just wondering if anyone here had any opinions.

Author: Bev Vincent

In it, Eleanor Druse learns about something that happened to her in the basement of the old Kingdom Hospital -- the one that burned -- when she was young, something that she had blocked from her memory. It gives a lot of back story that enhances the series but isn't exactly crucial to it. I liked it more than the Ellen Rimbauer diary.

Author: newinside

Sounds interesting. I will add it to the list of things I plan on getting around to reading some day.