Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Creepshow sequel filmed?

edited May 2005 in General news
From this Day of the Dead press release:

Taurus recently completed principal photography on a sequel to "CREEP SHOW," based on a short story by Stephen King. The original "CREEP SHOW" was directed by George A. Romero.

Comments

• I thought there was a sequel ... meaning.. years ago. Or was that an 'unofficial' one?
  • No, there was an official sequel - "Creepshow 2." I don't know anything about this one - perhaps it's unofficial.

Blu
  • Yep - I believe the sequel "Creepshow 2" had The Raft as part of it's story and one about an Indian statue.

Another sequel - might be interesting.
  • Creepshow 3, in association with the the George Romero/Stephen King original, just completed principal photography on the back lot of Universal Studios. The film is based on the format of the original, featuring five creepy new stories to add to the already classic anthology.

www.creepshow3.com
  • From what I have heard (from the company) this one has nothing to do with King. It's just the format that is the same. No one of the five stories is based on King's strories.

They also told me that contractually they can say Based of the Movie by Stephen King...

How about that?

Lilja

www.Liljas-Library.com
  • Here’s Fangoria's first look at CREEPSHOW 3, the anthology horror sequel we first reported on here. The bloody actress is Stephanie Pettee, who appears in the segment titled “Alice.” The anthology was directed by Ana Clavell and James Dudelson, whose DAY OF THE DEAD 2: CONTAGIUM arrives October 18 from Anchor Bay.

The third installment of the George Romero/Stephen King-launched anthology series just completed principal photography on the backlot of Universal Studios. The film, which neither King nor Romero have anything to do with (same goes for original series producer Richard Rubinstein), follows the format of the 1982 first film and features five creepy new stories. (Derived from King/Romero leftovers, 1987’s CREEPSHOW 2 boasted only three tales).

Clavell and Dudelson are next slated to produce the upcoming DAY OF THE DEAD remake with Emmett/Furla Films. Emmett/Furla produced the recent AMITYVILLE HORROR, while their WICKER MAN redux goes before the cameras in Vancouver shortly with Nicolas Cage toplining. The FX on CREEPSHOW 3 were handled by Greg McDougall, an instructor at Pittsburgh’s Tom Savini Make-up School who contributed work to WAR OF THE WORLDS and SEED OF CHUCKY.

A 30-minute CREEPSHOW 3 teaser will debut at Santa Monica’s American Film Market in November. A homepage is now open and a site will be updated soon at www.creepshow3.com. —Tony Timpone
  • Lilja wrote: From what I have heard (from the company) this one has nothing to do with King. It's just the format that is the same. No one of the five stories is based on King's strories.

They also told me that contractually they can say Based of the Movie by Stephen King...

How about that?

Lilja

www.Liljas-Library.com

That is such a cheap jumping on the King bandwagon kind of thing...! I find it extraordinary that 5 stories can be called Creepshow 3 and yet have nothing to do with King; otherwise what's the point of naming it Creepshow 3?
  • its mathematical Dukky!

King's Name = $$$$
  • CRinVA wrote: its mathematical Dukky!

King's Name = $$$$

Unfortuantely, true, Bob :-/

How's me matey doing anyways? :)

Have you seen the pics of my rabbit: "Chestnut" :)
  • I'm doing fine thank ya! Next Tuesday I drop off my 18 yr old at college. Two in college and two in 10th grade! I hope I survive to the "empty nest syndrome!"

Yep I have seen the pics! If'n it were my little hopper I'd a called him Bugs! ;D

• We empty our nest in three weeks, so we can commiserate, Bob!
  • Your daughter will be quite a distance from home for her colelge stay! I guess that means you will not "see" her as much as perhaps you'd like! My two daughters both go to the same college (Christopher Newport University - Newport News, VA) and its about a two hour drive so we see them plenty. We see our 21 yr old more now than when she lived here anyways! ;D

But yes we can commiserate!
  • CRinVA wrote: I'm doing fine thank ya!  Next Tuesday I drop off my 18 yr old at college.  Two in college and two in 10th grade!  I hope I survive to the "empty nest syndrome!"

Yep I have seen the pics! If'n it were my little hopper I'd a called him Bugs!  ;D

I can't wait to get rid of my sister...lol

There's a promising guy in the wings, so we shall see :)

That's the cool thing about bunny's, Bob - you can pretty much name them anything!

• Well, I was picking Bugs as in Bugs Bunny the cartoon!
  • I know ;)