Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Eliza

edited June 2005 in Short Stories
According to their web site, Here & Now #7 will be out in July. This issue contains my story Eliza, which was first accepted for Winedark Sea #2 back in 1999. (Issue #1 of that magazine came out in early 2000 and then they folded up shop!)

I started the story back in the 1980s and finished it in 1999. Haven't read it in years to see how it stands up, but I am fond of the tale.

Apparently Shocklines will start stocking the magazine soon.

Comments

• Eliza's long road to publication seems finally to have reached its end! Here and Now #7 is apparently shipping at the moment. The story is now a little dated in terms of its technology, but I hope you'll check it out all the same...it was first conceived in the days of the Radio Shack computer, updated to the internet era but, had I the chance to revise it again, would need to address the WiFi and DVD technology that emerged since then.
  • I received a copy of Here and Now last night. Reread Eliza and was pleased to see that it wasn't as dated in its technology as I'd earlier feared. I like the story, and wish it was available at present to a wider readership.