Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Episode 3

edited June 2004 in General news

Author: newinside

I just watched episode 3 on tape and episode 4 on regular TV, so I am not sure which episode this is from...

Did anyone else notice that the 'bad ghost' boy (does he have a name?) called Rickman 'Shorts' when he was threatening him to stay out of the business with Mary? Is this a tie in to the Long- and Short-Timers of Insomnia?

Just curious as to anyone else's thoughts on this.

I have been out of town for a few days and missed a lot of posts here, so I am sorry if I am double posting an issue already discussed elsewhere.

Author: Bev Vincent

The boy -- Paul -- also referred to him specifically as a short-timer.

Author: Darth Pookie

I'm just happy that all these tie-ins to the DT series are turning up in the show.

I agree. I sort of makes for a game within the show. “How many tie-ins can I catch tonight?”

Have I mentioned here what King told me with respect to Antubis?

Not that I can remember...

He called Antubis Roland's old trailmate...

Very interesting...

Was that just in a personal conversation between you two?

This was in e-mail. I was trying to get a little more information about a startling revelation he made concerning Roland's childhood -- you'll have to wait for The Road to the Dark Tower to get that one; you won't find it in any DT novel -- and he tossed that comment in as a sort of afterthought.

Author: CRinVA

Gee maybe Antubis is Oy's twinner! :D

That's a cute idea!

Author: eta6

Gah! Bev Vincent, I swear to God you are going to make my head explode one of these days!

Author: Stalkingbutler

Has there been a R.F. in KH yet? I haven't really been paying attention to names. Does anyone think that the “Keepers of the Kingdom” know what's going on with the hospital (Earthquakes, etc...)?

I can't think of any R.F.s so far, though to be fair most of the character names are the same as in Riget (i.e., King didn't come up with most of them).

The 'Keepers of the Kingdom' was also in the original series, and I must admit that I am a bit surprised that King is taking this long to get into that whole story-line. I kept thinking how strange some of that stuff must be to most people who never saw the original.

Originally posted by eta6

Gah! Bev Vincent, I swear to God you are going to make my head explode one of these days!

I have that affect on some people. Take this guy:

I never thought I would say that I can't stop watching someone's head explode, yet here it is.

I can't stop watching that guy's head explode.

Author: Lin242

Bev, what the hell is that? Really. ~0

It's a clip from the David Cronenberg movie Scanners. Someone uses it as an avatar over on thedarktower.net message board.

*phew* -- I was going to say don't tell me the Seeing Things guy's head has exploded!! That's who it is, right??? Sure likes like him...

Lin

Louis Del Grande -- yeah, it's the same guy.

Comments

• Author: Lilja

Here is the description of episode 3 of Kingdom Hospital called
    Goodbye Kiss (the episode airs March 17):

When a murderous convict draws out a new element of evil among the
    mortal and spiritual worlds at Kingdom Hospital, the trapped ghost of
    an innocent little girl uses Peter Rickman and a catatonic, pediatric
    patient to form an alliance with Hook and Mrs. Druse.

Author: Rache4173

!@#$ !@#$ I missed episode 3!! I didn't set up the VCR, since I figured I'd be home to watch it. Then friends of ours called and invited us to join them for a St. Pat's celebration.... we didn't even get home until almost midnight, which is when I recalled my dumb, stupid error.

ARGH. Was it good? :?

Author: BoSoxKing

Rache, you missed a great episode. It was my favorite so far. Lots of creepyness and humor that all worked well together.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a quick rundown of what happened: Druse stays in the hospital and keeps looking for the little girl, her and Hook become friends, the tension between Hook and Stagman gets higher, the artist gets a new roommate whose girlfriend comes back to life and looks like she will play a future role in the show. Lots of good humor that I couldn't do justice to, you should see if you could borrow a tape from someone.

Probably the most uneven of the three so far. When it was good it was very good and when it wasn't good -- jeez, what was it with the hey-hey-hey goodbye stuff? Almost unwatchable, but in a traffic-accident-with-bloody-corpses kinda way.

Author: Rache4173

LOL Bev... the kind that completely horrifies you, yet compels you to watch without blinking? :p

Remember, there was also a cool Bag of Bones plug! :D

I was glad to see that the Greek Chorus got more lines this week!

Stay tuned! ~0

Author: Nattjenta

Bev, I loved the scene in the emergency room when the convict sits up and sings, and then the nurses join in. That was hilarious! You have no idea how stuff like that actually happens in emergency rooms. Here's this druggie, convict who takes their time away from treating unintentional, true emergencies, and sometimes they just have to let off steam. It also happens to cops, ask me how I know. I loved this episode, the best yet!

Author: Stalkingbutler

A friend of mine at work said that the ER “Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah Goodbye” scene reminded him of Twin Peaks. I didn't watch the show back when it was on, but now I wish I did. Another thing I noticed is more SK cannon stuff. The vampire boy, after grabbing the little girl, (Mary, we know now) he referred to the writer as “Short-timer”, a term coined in Insomnia I believe. When it showed the maintenence man (One different per episode, I like it!) reading Bag of Bones, I burst out laughing. My 9 year old daughter asked why I laughed, and I explained that the book was written by the same writer who made the TV show. She's really into the show as well. Stephen's really made this show scary enough for an adult, and safe enough to watch for a child. Now THAT'S a good screenplay!!!

I really enjoyed it -- love watching for references, and am still delighted when I hear them, my fave so far is from Episode 2, “The Emperor of Ice Cream” -- chillin'. :)

As a Twin Peaks fan, watching the ER scene with the convict was like a blast from the past. I don't look at these two shows and compare them, but the feeling is there and I love that. I took exception to the SONG. I have never liked it. :) I am getting the hugest kick out of Ed Begley, Jr. He's awesome. Still not liking the wife though.

Okay, gotta run, have had fun here today!

Lin :)

Author: Jreitan47

I enjoyed the first episode of Kingdom Hospital, I missed the second one and last night I watched part of the third. I say “part of” because I simply couldn't watch it anymore as I slowly lost interest in it and eventually looked to see what else was on. I'm a dedicated King fan and I always will be, which makes my decision to not watch Kingdom Hospital feel very wrong but I simply don't like it. I don't know exaclty why, but I think it has something to do with ABC and not King. I've never been a big fan of ABC shows, programming, and news and I've never really enjoyed any of the King projects to come out of ABC.

Would anyone like to start a petition to encourage King to only work with HBO for his TV projects? :)
  • Author: Darth Pookie

Originally posted by Bev Vincent

Probably the most uneven of the three so far. When it was good it was very good and when it wasn't good -- jeez, what was it with the hey-hey-hey goodbye stuff? Almost unwatchable, but in a traffic-accident-with-bloody-corpses kinda way.
    I like the song and thought the musical parts were funny (mostly because I knew they were coming due to the trailer online for the show), but you're right, Bev. In my mind I kept flashing back to All That Jazz at the end where Roy Scheider's character--Joe Gideon--is dead and he's on that talk show in the afterlife singing “Bye, Bye, Life” instead of “Bye, Bye, Love.” The movie was all right but it was odd. I am still surprised to this day that they let us watch that one in high school.

Author: Nattjenta

All That Jazz is one of my favorite movies. I thought it was innovative and clever. I guess I'm just a strange lady. :)

Jonathan,

Count me OUT on the petition! I'd have to subscribe and that's one more bill that I don't need. CATV is already quite expensive, especially I watch so little TV. I'll just stick with toning down for network TV!

Now if The Dark Tower were ever serialized for HBO then I'd have to reconsider! :D

Yeah, count me out, too, since the first thing we did when we moved into our house was rip the cable physically out of our back yard!

Author: Darth Pookie

Originally posted by Nattjenta

All That Jazz is one of my favorite movies. I thought it was innovative and clever. I guess I'm just a strange lady. :)
    You're not that strange. I did like “All That Jazz.” What I meant about being surprised about them showing it to us in school was because of its rating.