Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

New chapter of a work in progress!

edited July 2005 in General news
As an exclusive gift to Amazon customers, Hall of Fame author Stephen King shares the chilling first chapter of a work in progress. In "The Pulse," a sunny afternoon in the park turns into a scene of terror for a young man who witnesses the beginning of a deadly "event."

The Pulse

Comments

• Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • I can't wait to read the whole thing!!

John
  • Right - in less than 1,000 words Sai King has effectively dangled the carrot right in front of our noses - only to snatch it way in a heartbeat! ;D
  • Wow! the first part really gripped me....and that poor dog! :o

can't wait to read this!
  • Bev, what is this an excerpt from?

-justin
  • A novel King is still writing.
  • Ah, I was wondering if it was an excerpt from a short story or a novel. I'm definitely ruling out Lisey's Story, as it doesn't seem to fit what we know about that novel. Any word on the title of the new novel? I'm assuming "The Pulse" is just the title for Chapter 1?

-justin
  • King told me a little about this new book a few weeks ago, but if he mentioned the title I can't remember it right now.
  • Shame on you, Bev! :P

One would hope that a true fan would hang off his every word, matey ;)

Actually you could head your own column entitled "Inside Gossip", where you pass on the TOP SECRET King info - we wouldn't tell a soul, would we guys? :-X

;)
  • DTUK wrote:

Actually you could head your own column entitled "Inside Gossip", where you pass on the TOP SECRET King info - we wouldn't tell a soul, would we guys?  :-X

;)

My lips are sealed!

John
  • King turns to the mobile phone society :D
  • I love getting new teases like this....it reminds me that, early in King's "retirement," we have at least two new books to look forward to - and now, maybe more.

Blu
  • I hope cell phones are the cause of this, I hate the things.
  • Looks like King has been bitten by the Zombie bug!
  • The new book is called "Cell."
  • I wonder if this means the girls with I-Pods are safe.

Nah, no way SK could let that slip by!
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: The new book is called "Cell."

Ooh! I just bought Brandon a new fancyschmancy one for his birthday. He's doomed. :D

I read the first chapter from your post at SKBB Bev, it sounds good!

Lin :)
  • Two new books to look forward too. :)
  • Bumping this up to the top