Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Palavercon

edited July 2005 in General news
STEPHEN KING/DARK TOWER CONVENTION

This is a last minute reminder to our New England subscribers that this weekend is the Stephen King/Dark Tower convention Palavercon which we highlighted in out 30 May newsletter.

There is a special Saturday only rate for those who live in driving distance of Durham New Hampshire. Check the website palavercon.com.

July 22-24 are the dates of PalaverCon, the Stephen King/Dark Tower convention organized by Michaela Wiener and underwritten by Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc. being held in Durham, NH.

Featured guests include:

-Rick Berry (artist for Talisman/Black House and the 1984

Grant edition of The Talisman)

-Phil Hale (artist for The Drawing of the Three 1st and 2nd editions and the 1984 Grant edition of The Talisman)

-Frank M. Robinson (The Glass Inferno, The Power, Pulp

Culture: The Art of Fiction Magazines)

-Michael Whelan (artist for Gunslinger, The Dark Tower (DT 7) and the 1984 Grant edition of The Talisman)

This will be a unique opportunity to meet with other Stephen King/Dark Tower fans as well as three of the artists who have visually depicted his novels in Donald Grant deluxe editions over the past 23 years.

One highlight will be the largest ever (and never to be repeated) display of original art from Stephen King's Dark Tower and related series. Whelan, Hale, Berry and Anderson will be participating in program events throughout the convention. With these award winning gunslingers of art, there's a high likelihood of some real art action going down - there'll almost certainly be some live collaboration happening. If you're lucky you might just be able to bid for and get one of these historic pieces fresh off the easel!

For full details check the link below:

http://www.palavercon.com

Thank you.

Robert K. Wiener, President

Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc.

Comments

• Here are my pics from PalaverCon. I cant figure out how to do photo captions with PhotoBucket but I can briefly explain what the pictures are, hopefully you recognize some of the faces. Lots of art pics and a pic with me and Whelan and one of Phil Hale and I. There's a pic of Michaela and Robert Weiner of Donald M. Grant Books and a pic of author Frank Robinson and I (he's the old guy) and a couple pics from our short trip up to Bangor (one of Stu, Penney, Deb, Deb and I at Stu's house, and one in front of King's house late at night). Enjoy!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v68/JReitan47/PalaverCon%202005/
  • great pics jonathan - seems that the artists are very tall!
  • Love the pix Jonathan! :) Hard to believe I was standing in front of King's house just over a year ago!

Lin
  • CRinVA wrote: great pics jonathan - seems that the artists are very tall!

Actually, no, I'm just short. haha
  • you're not that short my friend! :)
  • Love the pics! :)

Thanks for sharing, Jonathan :)