Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

New Gunslinger LSOE from Grant

edited July 2005 in Dark Tower
Yesterday at PalaverCon 2005, Robert Wiener, President of Donald M. Grant Publisher Inc., announced a limited edition printing of the revised version of The Gunslinger. Additionally, the short story "The Little Sisters of Eluria" will also be in this edition. The new book features three brand new full color prints from Mike Whelan and another eight new drawings.

The title, release date, or print run of this edition has yet to be determined.

Comments

• You can see photographs of some of the new Whelan paintings here
  • At PalaverCon this weekend I announced that Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc. will be publishing a book containing THE LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA and the revised edition of THE GUNSLINGER (which was published by Viking).

The book will be illustrated by Michael Whelan and will contain new art as well as the art originally published in the first edition of THE GUNSLINGER.

Price, schedule and other details have not been set and when further information is available it will be posted on our website and published in our newsletter.

We are not taking orders, reservations or putting people on a waiting list.

Please do not call or email us for further details as we will just refer you to our web site and suggest you remain subscribed to our email newsletter.

Thank you.

Robert K. Wiener, President

Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc.
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: You can see photographs of some of the new Whelan paintings here

Are you able to show them here, Bev?

I went to the link and it said I needed to log on and become a member.
  • Lilja has them mirrored on his web page
  • Wow, they're breathtaking - you really get a feel for the vastness of the desert in them. Fantastic job! :)
  • Hi

I have one more image from the upcoming new edition of The Gunslinger from Grant on my site if you want to check it out.

Lilja

--

Lilja's Library - The World of Stephen King: http://www.Liljas-Library.com

• Welcome to issue #55 of the Donald M. Grant Newsletter

4 November 2008

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. NEW FLYER

2. UPDATE - THE LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA

3. DARK TOWER SPECIAL OFFER

4. GOAD DELUXE

5. SLIPCASES[ch8200]FOR[ch8200]DT[ch8200]1-3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. NEW FLYER

Our new flyer is at the printer and is expected to be in the mail next week. The day it is mailed we will start accepting advance orders for THE LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA. We will update the web site at that time and also send our a newsletter with the details.

2. UPDATE - THE LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA

THE LITTLE SISTERS OF ELURIA has been printed but is not yet bound. The foil stamped traycases and slipcases are not yet ready. It is our hope that all will be ready to allow shipping in

mid-December.

Please do not call or email us for further details as we will just refer you to our web site and suggest you remain subscribed to our email newsletter.

3. DARK TOWER SPECIAL OFFER

We have had available to all customers, a special offer which includes the Artist Edition of THE DARK TOWER VII along with the THE TALISMAN/BLACK HOUSE Limited Signed Gift Edition for a special price of $165.00 plus $8.00 Shipping Surcharge. This is a saving of $60.00 over buying these books separately.

We still have about 325 numbered copies which are below number 1,500 and have been reserving them for people who want to match their Dark Tower VII number. If you have a DT VII Deluxe but have not yet gotten the matching Talisman/Black House set please contact us and we'll check if we still have your number available.

https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-7.html

4. GOAD DELUXE

Phil Hale has sent us more Deluxe Goads. We will photograph his original drawings which are bound in each copy and post them on our web site.

Those who tried to buy this edition when we were out of them will have first priority in chosing the copy they want.

Please note that our cost in the hand leather binding has gone up over $100.00 per book from when Phil had the initial batch bound and we must pass on that cost. The current cost is now $450.00 plus shipping.

https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-artists-phil-hale.html

5. SLIPCASES[ch8200]FOR[ch8200]DT[ch8200]1-3

The Dark Tower Gift Set slipcase, which holds DT I-III, is bound in black leatherette and stamped with all three titles on the spine in silver and maroon. The slipcase holds all Grant Editions but will be a little loose for the Viking Editions as those were printed on a thinner paper.

We had sold out of these some time ago but we do have some slipcases which have minor imperfections such as a bubble under the flat maroon foil or a crack in the silver foil. Accordingly they are discounted by 1/3 and are available for $20.00 plus shipping.

We still have slipcases available for DT 4 & 5 and DT[ch8200]6 & 7.

https://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-slipcases.html

Thank you.

Robert K. Wiener, President

Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc.

• Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc. has announced that the long-awaited limited edition of The Little Sisters of Eluria is anticipated to begin shipping on December 15th. This volume includes the revised and expanded version of The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger and the companion Dark Tower story, The Little Sisters of Eluria. It is illustrated by Michael Whelan who also illustrated the first and last volumes of The Dark Tower series. For more information about this edition and to find out how to order a copy, please visit Donald M. Grant Publisher’s web site.
  • I received mine a few weeks ago. It's impressive, although I don't know that I'd really use it as a reading copy much. The illustrations are extraordinary, though.

Unfortunately, the dustjacket on my copy had a ding/tear on the spine, that appears to have happened during shipping (or before). Thankfully, I contacted D. M. Grant, and they'll send me a new dustjacket as soon as they get extras.

HBJ
  • I decided to pass on this one since it didn't contain anything new and I wasn't really knocked out by the preview artwork I saw.
  • Got lots of catching up to do, I see! :)
  • Make yourself at home, Anni -- and feel free to dig around in all the nooks and crannies!