Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The good, the bad and the ugly

Brian announced this in his newsletter so I guess I can print it here: [

Cemetery Dance Publications is offering a neat opportunity to purchase a Promotional Chapbook LIFETIME membership -- essentially you'll get every promotional chapbook CD produces for the rest of your life without jumping through the hoops required. (These chapbooks are not available for sale -- they're printed to promote a particular title or group of titles so normally you have to purchase something to get them.)

On top of that, there will be exclusive chapbooks published just for the Lifetime Members -- the first is an original, never-before-published story from author Ray Garton! If CD sells 30 memberships, there will only be 30 copies printed, making the chapbooks extremely collectible!

Other authors who will be writing for these chapbooks include: Gary Braunbeck, Ed Gorman, Brian Keene, Rick Hautala, Thomas F. Monteleone, Bev Vincent (featuring exclusive material excised from THE ROAD TO THE DARK TOWER), and many others, along with a few big surprises!

For more information, check out this website

My contribution is tentatively titled The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and consists of about 6500 words of material that I removed from the manuscript before I submitted the first draft.

Comments

• I signed 500+ limitation sheets for this chapbook last night. Nice blue paper with a little Tower icon.
  • Have you signed the sig pages for the CD RttDT and Illustrated Trivia S/Ls yet?

Still anxiously awaiting delivery of these! :)
  • I did the CD ROAD pages last month and I think I've done all the trivia book pages, too. I know I did a batch of 'em in December.
  • Bob, as I said in that other thread, it looks like it will still be a while for the CD RttDT, another 5-7 weeks. :(
  • From today's CD Weekly:

SPECIAL CHAPBOOK FOR FANS OF STEPHEN KING'S DARK TOWER

Anyone who orders an item highlighted in this newsletter (or ANY BOOK listed in our Stephen King section) before 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, February 6, 2005, will automatically qualify for a FREE copy of a special Dark Tower chapbook we're having printed next week! THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY: SECONDARY CHARACTERS IN THE DARK TOWER SERIES is a signed Limited Edition chapbook featuring material that WILL NOT appear in Bev Vincent's book, THE ROAD TO THE DARK TOWER! This is a chapbook that fans of the Dark Tower series won't want to miss!

This chapbook will never be SOLD to the public -- it will ONLY be used for occasional promotional offers! (If you're a Lifetime Chapbook member, keep in mind that you can still take advantage of this deal to get additional copies for your collection!)

Best of all, you will get ONE FREE chapbook for every qualifying item you order! There's NO limit on the number of chapbooks you can receive!

But to qualify for this special offer, you must order something from this newsletter (or a BOOK from the Stephen King section of our store) before 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, February 6, 2005 AND mention "Free Bev Vincent Chapbook" in the Comments section of the order form!

• Can't wait to get my copy Bev! Of course Iam stillw aiting on tRttDT form CD Pubs - I guess it doesn't matter if I read this little chapbook first!
  • I got the page proofs for Road yesterday and have worked my way through 1/4 of the book. I hope to have the corrections back to CD by the end of the week. Then it should be full speed ahead!
  • Good news! Now get back to it! ;D
  • lol, Bob
  • I'm working at it! I'm working at it! According the CD weekly, TGTBTU is due before the end of February. It is illustrated by Glenn Chadbourne and is CD's first two-color chapbook.
  • [move] ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D[/move]
  • Bob, you've gone and got Bev all flustered now!! shame on you ;)
  • That's a good lookin' chapbook - unfortunately, most of the things on the eligibility list are things I've already pre-ordered. :-/

I haven't ordered the SK Trivia book yet - I'm just usually not big on trivia stuff. Still, I know some of my fellow Roadies here have contributed, so I might go ahead. If I do, I may get to read a chapter cut from "The Road to the Dark Tower" before I get to read the actual book! (I'm in the same boat as Bob...)

Blu
  • BluGilliand wrote: That's a good lookin' chapbook - unfortunately, most of the things on the eligibility list are things I've already pre-ordered.  :-/

I haven't ordered the SK Trivia book yet - I'm just usually not big on trivia stuff. Still, I know some of my fellow Roadies here have contributed, so I might go ahead. If I do, I may get to read a chapter cut from "The Road to the Dark Tower" before I get to read the actual book! (I'm in the same boat as Bob...)

Blu

Oh Blu, you have to get it. It's probably the only book that will EVER have my name on it. I've been looking through Edge's auto and I'm just NOT there! :)

Lin
  • BluGilliand wrote:

I haven't ordered the SK Trivia book yet - I'm just usually not big on trivia stuff. Still, I know some of my fellow Roadies here have contributed, so I might go ahead.

This book is worth it for the illustrations alone. They're creepy!
  • CRinVA wrote: Can't wait to get my copy Bev!  Of course Iam stillw aiting on tRttDT form CD Pubs - I guess it doesn't matter if I read this little chapbook first!  

My thoughts exactly. I ordered something last week so I could get this chapbook too. Cover art looks very cool.
  • Glen Chadbourne's quickly becoming one of my alltime favorite artists.

By the way, I finished my proofing of the CD limited of Road this weekend, so it's all back in CD's hands now. My job is done!
  • Bev, since "RTTDT" was published last year and the CD Limited is being proofed, will this mean an overall difference in books between what has already been published and what will be published by CD?

If so...cool! :D cause it means we have something even more unique :)
  • There are two main differences in text content between the CD edition and the NAL edition

1) I corrected some errors that were pointed out to me by eagle-eyed readers. For example, I called Roland's father "Stephen" throughout, instead of "Steven," and I called Jack Sawyer "Jake" at least once or twice.

2) I updated the text to reflect the final version of DT7. There were a couple of crucial details that King changed between the final manuscript I saw before my deadline and the version that was ultimately released to the public.
  • Thanks, Bev!

• cool - I am looking forward to all three of your projects from CD!

tRttDT (especially since its been out in Trade for several months!)
    The Illustrated Trivia
    The Good, the Bad & the Ugly
  • Well I am still waiting for the CD version of tRttDT, and getting impatient - the trade version has been out now for six months! So at least today my thirst is satiated when I arrive home from work to see a package (albeit a small one) from CD Pubs in my pile of mail! I think what on earth did I order from CD that would be this diminiature size! Totally couldn't figure it out!

To my surprise I opened to The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly! A signed and numbered (#273 of 500) chapbook penned by our gracious host Bev Vincent! A kewl surprize in the mail today.

I suspect I will have read it in its entirety by lunchtime today!

Thanks Bev! Thanks CD Pubs!

p.s. now get me my S/L RttDT! :o this demand is rhetorical in nature as Bev has no power over getting CD to comply! ;D
  • CRinVA wrote: Well I am still waiting for the CD version of tRttDT, and getting impatient

I can definitely understand your frustration with the delay.  Obviously the last thing we wanted to do was make you wait for this book.

If it helps, I can update you on the process we've made on production.

As noted above, Bev turned in his final corrections and the signature sheets so it's all in our hands now.

The book is going to be oversized and slipcased (like our editions of The Stephen King Universe or From A Buick 8 ) with original illustrations that won't appear anywhere else.  Well, that artwork is fantastic, but it also caused quite a delay.  We didn't expect it to take as long as it did, but we think you're going to be very pleased with the result, and with the overall presentation of the book.

Now, our cover designer is extremely backlogged right now so she hasn't designed the cover yet, but she'll get to it as soon as she can.  Otherwise, I think the book is pretty much ready to head to the printer.  We'll still need the slipcases, but we're almost there!

To make up for this delay, we're going to include something special with the preorders for the book.  I'm not sure what it'll be, but hopefully it'll make the wait a little easier.

Again, sorry for the delay!  Please always feel free to contact us if you have questions or concerns.  brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com is my address.

By the way, I think the chapbook turned out to be a fantastic little production.  We hope everyone likes it as much as we do!

best wishes,

Brian Freeman

http://www.cemeterydance.com
  • thanks for the update Brian!