Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Lisey's Story release date and Romero doing FAB8?

edited August 2005 in General news
Hi

Here is some very interesting news;

I just got an email from King's UK publisher, Hodder & Stoughton, in which they confirmed that they have bought King's book Lisey's Story. They also confirm a release date…

In an article over at AICN it's mentioned that Romero is slated to From a Buick 8…

More info if on the site.

Lilja

--

http://www.Liljas-Library.com

Comments

• Wonders if that means that the wait for Cell will be Oct '07! Yikes!
  • From www.stephenking.com:

He has finished the second draft of Lisey’s Story and just recently finished Cell.
  • So we get The Colorado Kid here is less than two months; and with two drafts of Lisey done - we will see this in about a year? Cell done now - I guess that means first draft so we'll see it sometime later than that - like '07!

In the meantime what will Sai King be doing?

a. finishing off his collaboration with John Mellancamp

b. begin collaborations with Sai Straub for T3

c. write a few short stories for obscure publication

d. tell the tale of Jericho Hill

e. begin another novel

f. rejoin the Rock Bottom Remainders for a new tour?

g. do a reading, book signing in Washington, DC!!!!!

h. be content with bi-monthly EW columns :-(

i. become the mystery guest of honor at

1. SKEMERCon '06

2. any Miler Meet

j. reveal to the world how the hell Bev Vincent knows so god damn much!

k. really, really, really, reti......(never mind that last one!)
  • lol @ "j"
  • Years ago, before BUIK 8's release, I asked George if he had any interest in adapting it for the screen -- it is, after all, set in his home state. At the time, he said no -- he wasn't a Buick man.

:)

Hope it happens. His adaptation of THE DARK HALF is one of the few quality adult horror films (meaning: no teens running around and getting slashed) to come out of the '90s. Hutton was superb, and Romero has never been more polished.

-r