Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Shocking SK secret revealed!

edited September 2005 in General news
HORROR writer Stephen King has revealed he hates Halloween - because neighbours expect him to turn his home into a frightfest.

The man behind classics including IT, Carrie and The Shining also likes to be away on the spooky holiday - so he can get away from fans.

He told US talkshow host Conan O’Brien: "It used to be we'd stay home and thousands of people, literally, would converge on the house and we gave out lots of candy and everything else.

"We got to the point where we were actually thinking about bringing in fog machines and putting up fake gravestones and I'm like: 'Hold on here a second, I'm turning into the Halloween Santa Claus.'"

Comments

• I can understand what he means. There has to be a line drawn, where he gets some time for himself, and I remember he used to really enjoy Halloween.

The fog machines and headstones would be a great idea though...
  • I used to like Halloween - we'd decorate the house and all and have loads of fun. then in Scouts we ran a Haunted Trail for a fund raiser and that was a blast. Lots of fog machines and I was always dressed up as teh Scream guy with a chainsaw - I had a real chainsaw without the blade and when I started it up the kiddies woudl scream like hell!

Problem now is that my kids are getting too old to go out begging for candy - at least too old in my view - but we get loads of older kids come begging and they are not even dressed up. And if you don't give 'em a treat they come back and trash your place or smash your pumpkins or whatever!

So we just go out and leve the house dark now! this is one holiday that is slowing dying out. Many of hte malls and whatnot have trick or treating for the young kids and that is fine! Costume parties are cool too. Two years ago I went to the Shining Masquerade Ball at The Stanley in Estes Park Colorado and that was a huge blast!