Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Continuity Clarification from Stephen

edited October 2005 in General news
“The review of The Colorado Kid in today’s issue of USA Today mentions that there was no Starbucks in Denver in 1980. Don’t assume that’s a mistake on my part. The constant readers of the Dark Tower series may realize that that is not necessarily a continuity error, but a clue.”

Comments

• Cool and very interesting. I'll keep an eye out for the mention. I am about 60 pages in right now.
  • ah, a clue to what though... ;)

is there something in the pipeline somewhere?

Perhaps DT related?
  • Nice cover, Steve. :)

I wondered about the Starbucks reference, unsure whether or not they were around in '80. The Blockbuster reference, however, was the real zinger. VHS was in its infancy in '80 -- there were no chain rental stores.

The world may be full of Colorado Kids, just as there are Buicks everywhere, but I'm glad King kept the DT references out of THE COLORADO KID. Even if the mystery of the Kid's death lies in some time-hopping Mid-World connection, I don't want to know -- I like the mystery remaining thus.