Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

'Salem's Lot Illustrated Edt. Release Date?

edited November 2005 in General news
Hi, maties...

Is anyone else wondering the exact release date of Salem's Lot (IE); everywhere I search just states it's out in November, but no actual release date - is looking forward to this book, but don't know exact date of release...

Anyone know?

Comments

• It's out now, but I've been hearing that stores are only stocking a few copies.
  • The young lady at the Waldenbooks (now renamed Borders Express) told me the book came out November 1. They got four copies, two of which I bought November 2. There was only one copy left on the shelf after I got mine.

Does anyone have any idea what the print run for this book was? I've heard (on TheDarkTower.net) that it was as low as 15,000. If true, that's one of the lowest runs of King's books in recent history!

John
  • Thanks for the info, guys - Amazon haven't dispatched their copies yet.

Can't wait to get this...

15,000 copies sounds really low for a King book.
  • Hey Dukky, I ordered my copy from CD Publications. In an email yesterday they said they would ship late next week. They sold 500 copies! :D
  • CRinVA wrote: Hey Dukky, I ordered my copy from CD Publications.  In an email yesterday they said they would ship late next week.  They sold 500 copies!   :D

I really can't wait to get hold of my copy, too - especially because it also includes "Jerusalem's Lot" and "One for the Road", too - I'd really have loved to have seen a sequel to 'Salem's Lot. Also I'm wondering if there are any other vampire bits that had been left out of the original novel :)
  • Wizardsrainbow at TheDarkTower.net got an email from the folks at Doubleday stating that the first printing of Salem's Lot Illustrated Edition was 25,000 copies. That's not many--I think it's a desirable collectible in the making! GET YOUR COPY NOW!!!

John
  • I got mine from Amazon late last week - it's a big, thick, beautiful book. Not bad at all for a mass-market hardcover...glad I picked it up!

Blu
  • Amazon UK is getting closer on drop-down date for sending me my copy too - hope it's soon :)
  • I just checked my Amazon UK order (for the UK edition from Hodder & Stoughton) and it says the book won't ship until mid-April, 2006!

John
  • Yep - have seen that version too --- luckily, I ordered the Doubleday version ;)
  • It Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrived!!!!!!!

OMG!!! what a beautiful book! :-* could kiss it, I could :D

got home from work this evening and there it was, fantastic scene extensions too, more vampire bits ;)

A beautiful book, and one I will re-read after all my other books, lol
  • Flicking through the scene extension(s) at the back of the book, I like the way alot of loose ends are tidied, up, answering certain questions: (Randy McDougal and his mom; Ruthie Crockett and Dud Rogers, etc), and the new Danny Glick scene that never made the book makes you want to shudder.

Also, I like the scene extension for between Straker and Barlow - can't wait to read this old favourite from start to finish again :)

Well worth getting guys, so get it on the Christmas present list ;)
  • still waiting on my copy from CD Pubs. Should be there any day now!
  • *sigh* I should've bought two copies. I really want to read this one, but the book is just SO nicely bound, and I don't want to damage it at all. I'm fussy. :(

I think I will read it at some point. I just started a new book recently ... can't recall the name of it at the moment, but I'm only a few pages in. But I just wanted to agree with the compliments given to this edition of SL... it's really a lovely book. :)
  • It's amazingly heavy, too. Compared to the original Doubleday edition, which is light as a feather, this one's a brick.