Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Desperation promo

edited November 2005 in General news
Hi

A DVD called ABC Fall Preview Disc DVD (2005) is now given to everyone that gets season 1 of Desperate Housewives at Walmart. On this DVD there are previews for upcoming shows and movies on ABC. And as you may have guessed by now one of the movies is Desperation. So remember this if your thinking of buying season 1 of Desperate Housewives.

If anyone gets this DVD, please let me know.

Lilja

www.Liljas-Library.com

Comments

• The official airdate for Desperation is Thursday, 18 May, 2006
  • I have some pictures from Desperation on my site now if you want to check them out.

Lilja

www.Liljas-Library.com
  • Desperation is looking really good.

I cannot wait to see it.
  • Welcome, Ganon. I saw the opening 15 minutes at World Horror Convention last year and it looks amazing.
  • What continues to delight me about SK movies is the... "star power" that becomes attached to them. I mean, there are some fairly big names that star in his movies... the list for Desperation that I saw, I knew all the names but one of them. And knew them without seeing the pictures and doing one of those "ohhhh, that's who that is!"

Granted, they might not be as big named as Tom Hanks (who surprised a lot of people with The Green Mile), but they are all very good actors in their own right. I'm quite excited about this one. I can't wait to see it! :)
  • The cast for the TNT series this summer is pretty impressive, too. The likes of William H. Macy, Tom Berenger, Marsha Mason, William Hurt and many others.
  • I know what I'm doing tonight! I got my advance screener DVD of Desperation today!
  • I just finished watching my review copy of Desperation and boy did Garris ever nail this one. It will be very interesting to see how it is received by the general public, because it doesn't shy away at all from the religiousness of the novel, the debate between David Carver's unflinching faith and Johnny Marinville's lack thereof.

If there's a star in the movie, it's Tom Skerritt as Johnny. A terrific performance. The rest of the cast is decent: Charles Durning as the town drunk is another notable. Steven Weber is okay--he gets better as the movie progressess, Kelly Overton makes a good Cynthia Smith though she doesn't match my visualization of the character, and Ron Perlman is a hoot as Collie Entragian, vacillating between lucidity and insanity.

The film doesn't flinch from violence, either. There are some very shocking scenes and some real gross out moments the likes of which I don't think I've ever seen on broadcast TV.

I won't say more at the moment, but this one had me glued to the screen. Commercials will abound of course, which might dilute the impact (my screener DVD had brief blank gaps to show where they will come), but hold on for a heckuva ride.

I'll have more to say at www.NewsFromTheDeadZone early next week. In closing, a little parody I came up with many years ago:

Desperation

(With apologies to Henley, Frey et. al.)

Desperation, a little town in Nevada

A place you oughta steer clear of

If you value your life

Off Highway 50, it's just a little bit foggy

The thing that's hanging up doggies

Is after your wife.

Don't you know the soma dies my son

Only sarx remains

The China Pits go deeper than you guess

Now the can tah stones, those frightful things

Have been laid upon the table

Helping Steve get into Cindy's dress

Desperation, most folks ain't getting no older

The wolves are getting much bolder

There's snakes in your home

Oh, Entragian, no that's just Tak in his body

And wait until you meet Audrey

'Cos she seems to have grown

Don't you hate it when God won't answer you

You pray until your face is blue

It's hard to tell the good guys from the dopes

As you're about to lose your mortal soul

Ain't it funny to be rescued by...some soap

Desperation, there's people hung on the fences

It's taking over your senses

Tom Billingsly's drunk

In Desperation, well here's a pretty good moral

You'd better not carry somebody's

(Better not carry somebody's)

You'd better not carry somebody's

Dope in yourrrrrr....trunk
  • Lilja reports: I just got an email from Mick Garris in which he told me that ABC has moved the airdate for Desperation to Tuesday, May 23rd. They are getting wonderful feedback to the film, and apparently that would be a stronger night for it.