Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Secretary of Dreams

edited November 2005 in General news
Coming from CD...stay tuned for more details soon!

Comments

• Somehow I picture Bev typing this up and rubbing his hands together with glee, knowing it's going to throw the rest of us into a speculative frenzy.

The anticipation is killing me....

Blu
  • Oh yeah, bring it on!

Probably not a new book, unless King is more busy than we can imagine. Maybe a new short story or novella. I hope it's not going to be some expensive hard-to-get limited, since it's CD.

Or maybe it IS a CD? Audiobook-something?

But I can't wait to learn more...
  • Here's what King's moderator posted about it on the message board earlier this afternoon:

It is a collection of reprints which have been illustrated--a graphic novel, but short stories instead of one. The artist, Glenn Chadbourne, is incredibly talented. He’s the artist who did the new designs for WKIT’s Stephen King merchandise (see Home page). They’ve named the character Doug Graves.
  • Thanks Bev! Intriguing news, as always, but to be honest, what does it really mean? A graphic collection (a bit like the Creepshow comic), consisting of older stories (therefore reprints) but with a new character (Doug Graves) who will appear in all the stories (a bit like the cat in Cat's Eye:)?

Whatever it is, I'm in for it, but here's hoping it will be published in an ordinary trade edition, and not just as a limited from CD.
  • Doug Graves is the name of the character Glenn designed for the WKIT radio station merchandise. That's completely separate from the Secretary of Dreams project. The moderator was just explaining to readers of King's message board who he is.

It's unlikely SoD will be released commercially by any other publisher but CD.
  • Oh, okay-doke! Thanks! Are you going to get hands on the ARC of SoD? I know Kev of Charnel House is, and probably also Lilja. BTW, the mod on King's site also said that King WILL write the Dark Tower Marvel comics. True or not (and why shouldn't it be?) King is extremely more busy than I hoped he would be:)
  • I have no doubt I'll get an ARC when they're ready. CD is good to me that way.
  • Speaking of Doug Graves:

• Hi Folks!

We're preparing to announce a new Stephen King book called THE SECRETARY OF DREAMS. The official announcement will be later today, but we wanted to let you know right now that the best way to order this book from us will be through our online store.

Phone calls and email orders will be processed as quickly as possible, but online orders are processed instantly so it's the only way to guarantee a copy of the book. Unfortunately, if we don't get to your phone call or email until after a particular edition has sold out, we won't be able to process your order. Please note that we CAN accept PayPal and check orders through our site's online checkout system, along with all the major credit

cards.

Our website is: http://www.cemeterydance.com

Please pass this information along to anyone you think might be interested.

As always, thanks for your continued support and enthusiasm!

Best wishes,

Brian Freeman

Marketing Director

Cemetery Dance Publications

132-B Industry Lane

Unit #7

Forest Hill, MD 21050

410-588-5901 [phone]

410-588-5904 [fax]

http://www.cemeterydance.com
  • Cemetery Dance Publications is proud to announce...

The Secretary of Dreams

by Stephen King

World Fantasy Award winner Cemetery Dance Publications, critically acclaimed artist Glenn Chadbourne, and New York Times bestselling author Stephen King are proud to announce The Secretary of Dreams, the master of horror's first unabridged graphic short story collection!

Featuring a half-dozen classic tales of terror personally selected by King, this collection presents his stories for the first time in the tradition of the pulp horror comics. Spanning close to 250 oversized pages, the hundreds of illustrations and full comic panels from acclaimed Maine artist Glenn Chadbourne transform The Secretary of Dreams into a work of art. Not one word from King's stories has been left out, but now they've been brought to life by hundreds of pen and ink drawings by Chadbourne! The featured stories are: "The Road Virus Heads North," "Uncle Otto's Truck," "The Rainy Season," "The Reach," "Jerusalem's Lot," and "Home Delivery."

This exclusive Cemetery Dance title will feature an oversized deluxe trim-size and is available in three editions: a slipcased Gift Edition limited to 5,000 copies, a traycased deluxe Limited Edition limited to 750 copies signed by King and Chadbourne, and a deluxe Lettered Edition limited to 52 copies signed by King and Chadbourne and housed in a hand-made hinged box.

There are no other editions planned of this title, but King has already selected six more stories for a second volume that will be announced in 2006, and Chadbourne is hard at work on the illustrations!

Please note there are limited quantities available. Restriction is for 1 Limited and 1 Lettered edition per person. Any orders containing more than one of each of the limited and lettered editions will be adjusted, and routed to the end of the order line.

To see the different cover artwork/designs for each edition, or to check out a few dozen samples of the interior artwork, please visit The Secretary of Dreams artwork website.

Slipcased Gift Edition - $75.00

Signed Limited Edition - $300.00

Signed Lettered Edition - $1500.00

PLEASE NOTE: The Lettered Edition has sold out! To join the official waiting list to be notified if a copy becomes available, just send an email to
    info@cemeterydance.com
    with your COMPLETE contact information and this exact subject line: The Secretary of Dreams Lettered Edition Waiting List
  • See cover art here
  • Okay, got my Gift Edition secured, so I'm a happy boy.

Bev, any idea on a release date? I didn't see one on CD's page for the book.

Blu
  • I'm not sure what the release date is. The cover's designed and the artwork looks like it's all laid out, so I would say the book is in an advanced stage of production.
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: I'm not sure what the release date is. The cover's designed and the artwork looks like it's all laid out, so I would say the book is in an advanced stage of production.

Yeah, that was the impression I had, too....although I never want to get TOO excited about the impending release of Stephen King-related limited editions....*coughTheRoadToTheDarkTowercough*......

Boy, some people were really getting bent out of shape over at Shocklines, weren't they? I know it was frustrating trying to get on CD's site today - it took me over an hour to get an order through - but man, patience was THIN.

Blu
  • Yeah, must be seasonal jitters. Brian tells me that their estimated ship period is "spring 2006".
  • Guess I was lucky then - I was on the run all today and could not log in to CD till last night. Got on right away and ordered the Gift set no problemo! :) 8-)
  • patience running thin at thedarktower.net too!

I got me a S/L slipcased edition! WooHoo!
  • According to the moderator of King's bulletin board, a mass market edition of Secretary of Dreams is going to be issued. Message #61681.

John
  • That's very good news. I was worried this would be a hard book to get, or one of these rare King-items that can't be owned (unless you have a great deal of money and don't live in a little country like, say, Denmark).
  • Sorry but I checked with Cemetery Dance, and although a mass-market edition has been discussed for the future, nothing is currently in the works and no other editions will be appear until after the hardcover...

Lilja

www.Liljas-Library.com
  • Well, what can I say? DANG IT!!! Oh well...

No more Stephen King books through CD, please!!!
  • Well, if this one hadn't gone through CD it might not have happened at all...

Lilja
  • An excellent article/interview with Glenn Chadbourne

Newcastle Horror Artist Has Lots to Smile About

Weekly readers of the Lincoln County News are familiar with the illustrations of Newcastle artist Glenn Chadbourne, but might not know that Chadbourne is a world renowned horror artist. In fact, Chadbourne is the sole artist in Stephen King’s first unabridged graphic short story collection, The Secretary of Dreams.
  • The Secretary of Dreams by Stephen King is now in the hands of the author so he can approve the design. The book came in over the 250 pages we expected, and we'll announce the official page count in a future update.