Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

News from the Dead Zone - the online version

edited December 2005 in Essays and Interviews
This hasn't been announced officially yet, but someone at Shocklines noticed it and posted about it so I thought I would mention it here. I now have a condensed and frequently updated version of my Cemetery Dance column on the CD web site. See here.

Comments

• Very cool Bev!

The one thing that I did not like about the column was that for teh most part I already knew everything before reading it in CD. I still read the column end to end for the gory details but maybe this online column will help satiate the requirement for tha constant readers constant fix!
  • Yep and my jealousy continues as you seem to have read Cell and have a copy of Rocky Woods King book in your hands. :(
  • Rocky Wood's book - I got a copy of the Uncorrected proof and so far it's teriffic, and I have only read the first 40 or so pages! Can't wait to get to the whole chapter of "Sword in the Darkness!"
  • You getting into the act too Bob! Grrr! ;)

Glad to hear the book sounds good!
  • Locus magazine is helping spread the news! * Bev Vincent's Stephen King news column from Cemetery Dance magazine is now online at www.NewsFromTheDeadZone.com
  • Good luck, with the column, Bev! :)
  • I'm updating this column fairly often, though most of the news is also available on the message board here.
  • Issue 55 of the print magazine is set to ship soon. Here's the cover and table of contents.
  • Well I finally got my copy of #55. Noted a weird thing about the return address in case of failure to deliver - it is in Sweden!??!

Great column Dead Zone column Bev. As I mentioned elsewhere the premise of the book never bothered me though I do agree with you, and am somewhat disappointed, that King took the genius kid cliche to explain the premise.

Also neat to see you pimp Firefly. Has King ever commented on the series? I think he did, but I can't remember where.

• Sweden? That's pretty wild!

Steve picked Serenity as his "pick of the week" back in 2004. He loved it.

I just turned in my column for #57 this morning.
  • I will probably see 57 next year! ;D
  • so will the rest of us!! LOL
  • My contributor copies of Issue 57 of Cemetery Dance magazine arrived in the mail today. It's a little bit dated due to some production problems, but I'm still looking forward to reading through it all!
  • I forgot to mention that I got my name on the cover for the first time. Two in one month! First Apex Digest and now this.
  • Congrats again! 8-)
  • "I always check News from the Dead Zone when I need to know the latest about SK. It's a great resource."

Michael Berry

Science fiction columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle