Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Russian translation: AST

I had an e-mail from Victor Weber today. He is the Russian translator for The Road to the Dark Tower, and is currently working on the translation for publisher AST.

Comments

• [ch1041][ch1077][ch1074][ch1091] [ch1042][ch1080][ch1085][ch1089][ch1077][ch1085][ch1090][ch1091] <--that's apparently what my name looks like in Russian!
  • Bev, good day!

I sent to You the letter about illustrations from 19.dec.2005 by E-Mail.

Today I'm sent the letter with other question - about the appendix 5.

Do You received it and can I hope for the answer?

Thanks.

Sergey, editor AST.
  • Sergey: I received today's e-mail and just finished responding to it. I did not receive the earlier e-mail. Please resend.
  • Bev, thanks, I sent the answer.
  • I just got word that the Russian translation of The Road to the Dark Tower is now in print. For those interested in purchasing it, look here.

Here's the best cover picture I can find so far:

The book is called The Dark Tower: The guidebook in Russian.
  • Bev, are you just the slightest bit giddy about all of this?? You're keeping a very level head for someone who is now internationally known & published.. :-?

LOL... Congrats!! :)
  • It's all rather surreal. What freaks me out a little is that if I copy the Cyrillic letters corresponding to my name and plug them into Google, I get over 400 hits, many of which do not seem to be associated with the book. So it makes me wonder why all those Russians are talking about me! 8-)

• ha ha ha ha... oh to know Russian.... ;)
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: It's all rather surreal. What freaks me out a little is that if I copy the Cyrillic letters corresponding to my name and plug them into Google, I get over 400 hits, many of which do not seem to be associated with the book. So it makes me wonder why all those Russians are talking about me!  8-)

Bev, it is not necessary so to worry. That shows Google is for the present messages that your book in Russian has appeared (see this, Âèíñåíò=Vincent). Very few people had time to buy the book and to read it (I yet did not manage to make it). It will be more interesting, when reviews of readers will appear. I hope, they will be easygoing.

And if seriously, is really success when your book is translated to other language. Congratulate you!  :)
  • Thanks, Sergey! I hope readers enjoy the book in your country.
  • I received the book yesterday. Surprised and pleased to discover that it was a hardcover edition. Signed by both the editor and the translator! A very nice book. Wish I could read it! ;D
  • So Bev, how many countries published "the road to the dark tower"?
  • Russia, the Netherlands and the US.
  • That's great! It's a shame that no french publisher...