Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

I Won I Won

edited June 2004 in Dark Tower
How cool is this - I won a UK copy of Song of Suzannah fromt eh contest at Lilja's Library - Thanks Lilja! :D

Comments

• Congratulations! That's pretty cool.

I entered that contest too in the hopes on winning an Audio book...but it looks like I missed out on one of those as I haven't been notified.

I guess I shouldn't be greedy though as I won a copy of the book from the S&S Board and one of these days it will be in my hot little hand. ;D
  • Congrats Bob! I was hoping for the audio book myself.
  • Well Done! Bob, matey :)
  • I was hoping for the audio, too. I won the DT5 audio from Lilja.

Congrats, Bob--time to buy a lottery ticket!
  • Congrats, Bob! That's great; the UK edition looks pretty cool. :D

I was also hoping for an audio book. I guess if everyone won these contests, it'd be no fun for anyone. ;)

HBJ,

still hoping Lilja misplaced his email or something.
  • Well, I won the audio book. And I also won an audio for the WOTC Contest. How lucky can you get? The Lilja's Website Random Drawing Machine must love my name very much ;D

And congrats to Bob. I was hoping for the UK Hardcover this time round but... ::)

Sunny
  • Congrats sunny!
  • Congrats sunny!

Ditto. Twice. :)

HBJ,

still checking his SPAM folder in vain hope ...
  • Well most that know me here know that I am ahuge Audio book fan - I was hoping for the audio edition, but am happy for the UK Hardback.  So now I will have the Artist Edition (purchased), The US Trade Ed (won at S&S)and the UK Ed (won at Lilja's Lib).  I am also in the Grant lottery for the S/L leftovers! :D

Bev,  I must get tHE Lotto ticket for tonights $95m drawing!
  • Dammit Bob your winning all the contests. Are you :-* someone backside? ;D
  • I missed this somehow! Congrats Bob! :) You really have had lucky wins (I'm praying my S&S Song of Susannah comes in the mail today -- two of my Canadian Miler counterparts got theirs today -- fingers crossed). :)

Congrats to sunny also!

Lin :)
  • The new phone book's here, the new phone book's here!! No... wait!! It's my Song of Susannah, and she is a beaut! :)

Bev, it choked me up to see "Reproduction".. ;)

Just had to check in to let everyone know --- soon we'll be able to join in discussion... :)

Nite everyone!

Lin
  • Took long enough to get to you didn't it? ;)

Actually, considering I live on the West Coast of Canada and it came from New York, you'd think you would have gotten your's first!

I have to finish my Tad Williams book before I start on SoS....so I guess I should get away from this computer and start reading!
  • Hell I still haven't received mine form S&S!

• Sunny I might be persuaded to trade a UK Hardcover for an audio CD! Interested?
  • Yay, Lin :) you can now join in with the hottest book this summer :)

I am nearly halfway through SoS and am enjoying it an awful lot, but won't enter into many other threads here until have read it all.

:)

Bob, you are one lucky "Son of a pregnant dog" ;)

;D
  • Yep so I went and got a lotto ticker (see Bev's comment to me) and guess what ! It was a winner!

I won .

{insert drum roll here}

a whopping $2! ;D
  • Congrats to all the winners here. I kept putting it off til it was too late. That'll teach me!

What's the difference between the British one and the American one? Same words, isn't it?
  • CRinVA wrote: Yep so I went and got a lotto ticker (see Bev's comment to me) and guess what !  It was a winner!

I won .

{insert drum roll here}

a whopping $2!  ;D

Bob, you need to start storing and selling this magic dust that is around you :)

Congrats on the $2 win too :)
  • IT wrote: Congrats to all the winners here. I kept putting it off til it was too late. That'll teach me!

What's the difference between the British one and the American one? Same words, isn't it?

UK cover is alot cooler ;) am not sure what other differences there cause haven't seen the American one except the cover.
  • Yep I won $2 and it only cost me $5 to get it! At this rate I'll be rich (and famous) in about a gazillion years!

take one stpe forwards and two back - yep I am moving along alright!

;D
  • I entered this conest but seem I didn't win anything.

I wouldn't mind all of this not winning stuff if I didn't have to read all of these posts from people who did win... :)
  • Yesterday twas a goodun!

I got not one, but two books in the mail!

Devil's Wine - a beautifuyl book I might add - nah no mathematics here!

SoS UK Edition - a very nice ed if I must say so!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  • Oh hey... maybe someone can answer this one for me. When did SKL start sending out REAL copies of the books instead of book club editions?? I got my SoS in the mail the other day, and sure enough, there was a 'first printing' or whatever on the copyright page, AND a price on the dustjacket.

I thought it was strange, but hey - who am I to complain! ;D

Received my copy of The Devil's Wine today. :) Lovely lovely lovely. ;)