Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Rocky is an honorary Aussie

edited January 2006 in General news
A quick heads-up for Stephen King fans who haven't had a chance to get down to their newsagents this morning.  

The Australian is publishing Sword in the Darkness, described as "a classic King  horror story set in the pre-war woods of Maine, a study in love, madness and loss".

The only other place the story (originally a chapter from an unpublished King novel) will appear is in Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished by New Zealander Rocky Wood with Australians David Rawsthorne and Norma Blackburn.    

(On behalf of King fans I'd like to, in the time-honoured fashion, hereby claim Wood as an honorary Australian!)

>> Item source

>> Sword in the Darkness (part 1/2 -- continued next week)

Comments

• Bev, I'm sure Rocky is a REAL Aussie! I've sent him stuff in Australia!

John
  • No, he's a New Zealander who happens to live in Australia. Just like I'm a Canadian living in the U.S.
  • By the way, this text appears on the back of the Aussie version of SKUU:

This amazingly thorough and incredibly detailed book provides the only look that most King

fans – even the most ardent – will ever get at unpublished works in King’s archives. It also explores

the variations – sometimes considerable – in King works that have been published more than once.

Enjoyable, illuminating reading and a valuable resource.

Bev Vincent, King expert and author of

The Road to the Dark Tower
  • Rocky Wood advises the first part of 'Sword in the Darkness' which was online this past Saturday appeared in error and has now been removed from the newspaper's website. The second part of the excerpt from his upcoming book, 'Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished' will appear only in the hard copy newspaper and not online.
  • I saw this article this morning - a hint of another Rocky Wood book from CD Pubs! WooHoo!