Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

New short story by King called Willa and Cell out?

edited January 2006 in General news
Hi

Yesterday King appeared on the An Evening With Stephen King! King read a brand new short story to test it on the crowd, the story was called Willa and King said it was about 7500 words.

It seems that Wal-Mart has jumped the gun on selling Cell. I get reports that there where copies for sale on Saturday the 21. So, go hunt!

Lilja

--

http://www.Liljas-Library.com

Comments

• Womder where Willa will first appear?  Is it a New Yorker type story?  Inquiring minds want to know!
  • Can't tell you much about Willa, without it spoiling it... but it's a very good start to something, I'd think. It was actually good to listen to as a stand alone short story.

I loved listening to him read also - knowing that he was just standing there, reading off the page, taking a drink of water in between paragraphs. It was totally different than listening to an audio tape. But, he's a very smooth reader as well. Speaking in public, no hesitation, no nervousness (nothing apparant, anyway).

I hope that he does release Willa in some form. I think his fans will enjoy it. :)

• I'm jealous Rache! and Yes, SK is quite personable in person - he is very humerous! Sounds like you had a great time!
  • Hi CRinVA.

On Lilja's site there is a short description, not spoiling anything. Also, if you visit the discussion board on Simon & Schuster's King-site, another person made a short not-too-spoilerish comment about "Willa."

By the way, are you a King-collector? I'm looking for some people who would like to trade King-stuff. I have made some with Lilja who has, of course, a very impressive collection, one to be envied:)

And I'm sure Bev has too.
  • I have seen the Willa descriptions - wold love to read this story!

Yes I am a collector of sorts. In fact, I have also traded with Lilja, although that was a few years ago. The real collectors hang out at thedarktower.net. These guys are amazing. Personally< I do my best and stay reasonable in $ spent!