Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Our CELL reviews [SPOILERS]

edited January 2006 in General news
I haven't seen a lot of discussion on the board here about CELL, so I thought I'd start a thread where we could share our thoughts. [SPOILERS] throughout, including the ending - don't read on unless you've finished.

I'll admit, it took me a while to get into the book. It was almost like "Stephen King's Greatest Hits" with some of the gore, descriptions and speech patterns sounding a bit too familiar. Not that it wasn't good, just predictable in a way. It wasn't until Clay, Tom and Alice reached Gaiten Academy and saw the phoners lined up on the soccer field that the book really took hold of me. After that, though, I really started to feel the story and the characters. I thought the way the phoners kept changing was interesting and kept you on your toes, although some of the things (levitation?) seemed a little too left-field.

I hated it when Alice died.

I loved the ambiguous ending, one of those times when King didn't press on just a little too far, but instead left us wanting more.

All in all it was an enjoyable read - maybe not a classic, but a great ride nonetheless.

Blu

Comments

• I'm glad you liked the end. I read the last paragraph and screamed "You Bastard!" I loved the book, but the end was so much like The Long Walk, and the end of that book has haunted me ever since I read it years ago. I always love his winks to his fans such as "Charlie the choo choo."
  • WALL STREET JOURNAL BEST-SELLERS

FICTION

1. "Cell: A Novel" by Stephen King (Scribner) (F-H)