Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Poppin' in...

edited February 2006 in Dark Tower
Adam Redding(Guest) wrote: It's not often that you can talk directly to an author whose book you've just read, and get an answer so quickly.

It's also not often that you read the book of someone you think of as a regular ol' geek on a message board like yourself! 8-)

Finally finished it, Bev. Sure, I know I acted like a big babby. Sure, I know you probably felt a little like King did when he wrote the scathing letter about the W&G cry-babbies (which is classic, btw, and one of the few things I'd not seen before).

But I had to stop by anyway and let you know I enjoyed the read immensely. Very well put together and peppered with tidbits I either didn't know or had forgotten. As soon as I started scanning some of the summary portions, I'd see something I pert near missed and remind myself to "slow down, this ain't all shit you know!" Great job. :)

Bev_Vincent wrote: In my heart of hearts, I believe that Roland will only be freed from his curse of repetition when he understands there are things mankind is not meant to know, succeeds at his task and then cries off from the Tower without ever entering it.

Me too. Well said. It's a sort of depressing theory, though...

Comments

• WOW!

Automatic pottie-mouth censoring! I'm impressed with that too!

;D
  • One of the more fun features of this message board is its censor! We get a great kick out of its occasionally unexpected behavior.

Glad you enjoyed the book...and thanks for taking the time to tell me so!