Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Pictures from Nightmares and Dreamscapes

edited March 2006 in General news
Hi

Today I have some really cool news for you. I have no less then 8 pictures and the logo for TNT's Nightmares & Dreamscapes and let me tell you, if the episodes is as good as these images indicate we'll all have a great time this summer! More info can be found on Head over to Lilja’s Library for a look.

Lilja

--

http://www.Liljas-Library.com

Comments

• 8 more images are now on the site for you to check out.

Lilja
  • Those pictures look so cool - and we'll actually see Battleground! whoooohoooo :)

This is definetly one to buy on DVD :)
  • Turner Network Television (TNT) is putting the summer on ice with its chilling all-star television event NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES: FROM THE STORIES OF STEPHEN KING. This four-week collection of eight mind-bending tales from the master of horror, set to premiere in July. The following is the line-up of eight one-hour stories included in TNT's NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES:

Umney's Last Case

Directed by Rob Bowman (Reign of Fire, Elektra); teleplay by April Smith (The Taking of Pelham One Two Three) After the death of his son, writer Sam Landry (William H. Macy) is so desperate to lead another life, he writes himself into his own book, forcing his long-time character (also played by Macy) to change places with him and live in the modern day. But things get deadly when Landry realizes he is trapped and cannot write himself out of his new reality.

The End of the Whole Mess

Directed by Mikael Salomon (TNT's Salem's Lot); teleplay by Lawrence D. Cohen (Carrie, Stephen King's It) The world had changed. Violence, war and hatred and replaced with kindness, peace and love. But at what price? Renowned filmmaker Howie Fornoy (Ron Livingston), with just one hour to live, recounts the details of his brother's (Henry Thomas) worldwide experiment gone terribly wrong.

Crouch End

Directed by Mark Haber (Border Patrol, Alien Cargo, Daises in December); teleplay by Kim LeMasters (Threshold) A newly wed American couple (Eion Bailey and Claire Forlani) honeymooning in London goes to Crouch End to have dinner with a friend. They soon learn the town is not what it appears to be, and the more they get lost, the more they become trapped in another dimension.

The Fifth Quarter

Directed by Rob Bowman (Reign of Fire, Elektra); teleplay by Alan Sharp (Rob Roy, Reversible Errors) Willie (Jeremy Sisto), a just-released convict, learns from his dying friend of a map in four parts that reveals the location of $1 million from a robbery. Seeking revenge for the death of his friend and the money, as well, Willie hunts down the others who hold the remaining three parts to the map, risking his family and his freedom. Samantha Mathis co-stars.

Autopsy Room Four

Directed by Mikael Salomon (TNT's Salem's Lot); teleplay by April Smith (The Taking of Pelham One Two Three) Businessman Howard Cottrell (Richard Thomas) is on vacation playing one of his many games of golf. Chasing the ball into the undergrowth, he is bitten by a snake and completely paralyzed, showing no signs of life. At the hospital, unable to communicate, he is the key witness to his own autopsy. Greta Scacchi co-stars.

You Know They Got a Hell of a Band

Written and directed by Mike Robe (News at Eleven, Guts and Glory: The Rise and Fall of Oliver North). A wrong turn on a lonely road turns frightening for Clark and Mary Willingham (Steven Weber and Kim Delaney) as they stumble upon a town not on any map - Rock and Roll Heaven, Oregon. There is a free concert every night, but the price of admission is high - once the audience enters, it can never leave.

Battleground

Directed by Brian Henson (Farscape, Muppet Treasure Island); teleplay by Richard Christian Matheson (Mobius, It Waits) John Renshaw (William Hurt), a professional hit man, successfully murders the CEO of a prestigious toy company only to face the biggest fight of his life when a package from the toy company is delivered to his house with surprising, deadly contents.

The Road Virus Heads North

Directed by Sergio Mimica-Gezzan (TNT's Into The West, Invasion, Taken); teleplay by Peter Filardi (Salem's Lot, Flatliners) Richard Kinnell (Tom Berenger) is a famous writer who, at a doctor's visit, learns he may soon have to deal with his own mortality. On the drive back to his home, he buys a mysterious painting. Each time he looks at it, it changes to become more menacing and sinister. He pieces together that the painting is trying to kill him...but not if he can destroy it first. Marsha Mason co-stars.

Five of the adaptations for NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES come from King's 1993 anthology of the same name. The Road Virus Heads North and Autopsy Room Four come from King's 2002 anthology Everything's Eventual, while Battleground comes from 1978's Nightshift
  • I have 8 more pictures on my site if anyone wants to check them out.

Lilja

www.Liljas-Library.com
  • Jacqueline McKenzie, who co-stars with William H. Macy in a segment of TNT's upcoming limited anthology series Nightmares & Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King, told SCI FI Wire that she shot the show in her native Australia in the hiatus from her regular series, The 4400. (McKenzie is best known for playing U.S. federal agent Diana Skouris in the USA Network show The 4400.)

"I was lucky enough to be cast in Nightmares & Dreamscapes, a television miniseries from an anthology of Stephen King short stories," McKenzie said in an interview. "It plays on TNT later in the year. Being an anthology, each story was completely autonomous. Mine was one called 'Umney's Last Case.'"

Nightmares is based on King's 1993 anthology of 20 short stories. McKenzie's episode "is about a writer of detective novels, Landry (played by William H. Macy), and his wife, Linda (me), coming to terms with the death of their young son, ... trying to forgive each other, trying to forgive themselves, seeing if it's possible to find joy in life again after such a tragedy," McKenzie said. "Stephen King is such a genius. The way he tells a story is so unique. ... His story was adapted by April Smith, and between them both, our story crosses two realities: the here and now and the fictional world of film-noir crime drama, [about] which Landry writes."

McKenzie added that the role was a departure from her regular work on The 4400, which recently began production on its upcoming third season. "From the look and style of the piece to the age [and] place my character was/is at in her life," McKenzie said. "They do share one thing: the enormous love they have for their child. We got to shoot in Australia. (Quite ironic, as I'm from there, and yet I was playing an American!)"

Rob Bowman (Reign of Fire, Elektra) directed McKenzie's episode. "I'd love [him] to come and direct us on The 4400!" McKenzie said. "He knows how to work fast without losing the intensity of the scenes. ... He's super prepared and also great fun. I also got to work with one of my idols, William H. Macy. Seriously, if there is acting royalty, then he is surely it! No suprises as to how extraordinary he was to work with as an actor. His talent is boundless, but ... a joy for me to discover is how generous he is as a performer. Incredibly humble, ensemble-driven, all about realizing the story, and one of the nicest guys you'd meet. Hilarious. And plays a mean ukelele!"

McKenzie is now back at work on The 4400, which returns to USA in the summer. Nightmares & Dreamscapes premieres on TNT in July.
  • Henson Company co-CEO Brian Henson got on the phone with Now Playing recently to promote the DVD release of the first two seasons of the animatronic sitcom Dinosaurs. And it didn’t take long for him to begin spilling secrets about his upcoming projects. First up is the “Battleground” episode of Stephen King’s Nightmares and Dreamscapes for TNT.

A Henson doing Stephen King? What gives? “Well, I’ve always wanted to do something not for kids and I basically got to really exercise that on Farscape,” Henson says. “So Farscape was my big adult thing that I did and I did that for a lot of years. In continuing along that line, I did this ‘Battleground’ for Nightmares and Dreamscapes and I think I will do more drama/science fiction in the sort of X-Files vein as well as quite likely doing some more science fiction. I’m also enjoying some adult comedy. I think I would likely do some cool puppet pieces that are puppets but doing adult material.”

But don’t look for any evil puppets in “Battleground.” “There are characters [but] they’re not really puppets. They’re CG characters and costumes. It’s basically about a guy who gets hunted down in his apartment by a box of toy soldiers.”
  • It's the same as the first one if I'm correct...

Lilja
  • Possibly so -- but it's a lot smaller for download!
  • NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES: FROM THE STORY OF STEPHEN KING is the third

commercial-free premiere by TNT this summer, and Hyundai the third

automaker to have signed on as the presenter.

The premiere installment of NM & DS is Battleground, starring Oscar*

winner William Hurt, presented uninterrupted, commercial-free by Hyundai

Wednesday, July 12 at 9 p.m. (ET/PT), with the second installment,

Crouch End, immediately following.

Turner Entertainment Ad Sales Proves Strategic Sponsorship Capabilities

with

NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES: FROM THE STORIES OF STEPHEN KING

TNT's Commercial-Free Premiere Episode Presented by Hyundai

AutoTrader.com and Hyundai Part of Multi Media Deal Sponsorships

Turner Entertainment Ad Sales and Marketing has

developed strategic brand partnerships around the upcoming TNT anthology

series NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES: FROM THE STORIES OF STEPHEN KING for

AutoTrader.com and Hyundai. These multifaceted promotions reach

consumers through uncluttered environments, a consumer sweepstakes and

TNT marketing components supporting the series. The premiere installment

Battleground, starring Oscar* winner William Hurt, will be presented

uninterrupted, commercial-free by Hyundai Wednesday, July 12 at 9 p.m.

(ET/PT), with the second installment, Crouch End, immediately following.

"Advertisers like AutoTrader.com and Hyundai are seeking out partners

who can engage their consumers," said Linda Yaccarino, executive vice

president, Turner Entertainment Ad Sales and Marketing. "Part of our

job is to identify and develop those opportunities that have

multi-platform extensions. The branded messaging that was customized

around NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES will reach consumers nationwide through

the many ways individuals consume media."

As title sponsor for the commercial-free premiere,

Hyundai's brand extends to TNT marketing support surrounding the first

installment, which includes on-air tune-ins, in-program graphics and a

national print campaign. In addition, Hyundai has signed on as a full

season sponsor alongside AutoTrader.com. Following the premiere,

promotional elements for both partners include tagged broadband

components at tnt.tv, along with branding within the series on-air

tune-ins and billboards on TNT.

"In a crowded marketing environment, it's increasingly

difficult for brands to stand apart and make the desired lasting

impression on consumers through traditional advertising," said Michelle

Cervantez, vice president of Marketing, Hyundai Motor America. "By

forming a partnership with Turner, we are able to communicate Hyundai's

messaging in a commercial-free environment, which adds to the

entertainment value of the program and simultaneously increases

retention."

AutoTrader.com has built upon their full season

sponsorship through a sweepstakes supporting NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES.

Details for the prizing will be announced at a later date. TNT on-air

will drive viewers to tnt.tv to enter.

"AutoTrader.com will reach a diverse, dedicated audience

through our NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES sponsorship and sweepstakes," said

Clark Wood, vice president of marketing, AutoTrader.com. "It's an

innovative multi-media approach to get our message to potential car

shoppers nationwide."

NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES: FROM THE STORIES OF STEPHEN

KING is a four-week collection of eight mind-bending tales from the

master of horror. Five of the adaptations for NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES

come from King's 1993 anthology of the same name. The Road Virus Heads

North and Autopsy Room Four come from King's 2002 anthology Everything's

Eventual, while Battleground comes from 1978's Nightshift.

Battleground, the first installment, stars Oscar* winner William Hurt

(Kiss of the Spider Woman, The Village) as Jason Renshaw, a professional

hit man, who successfully murders the CEO of a prestigious toy company

only to face the biggest fight of his life when a package from the toy

company is delivered to his house with surprising, deadly contents. The

teleplay is by Richard Christian Matheson (Mobius, It Waits), is based

on the Short Story by Stephen King and directed by Brian Henson

(Farscape, Muppet Treasure Island).

Crouch End, the second installment, stars Golden Satellite* nominee Eion

Bailey (And Starring Pancho Villa as Himself, Band of Brothers) and

Claire Forlani (Meet Joe Black, Ripley Under Ground) as a newlywed

American couple honeymooning in London who go to Crouch End to have

dinner with a friend. They soon learn the town is not what it appears

to be, and the more they get lost, the more they become trapped in

another dimension. Teleplay is by Kim LeMasters (Threshold), is based on

the Short Story by Stephen King, and directed by Mark Haber (Border

Patrol, Alien Cargo, Daisies in December).
  • Night 1: July 12

9 p.m.: BATTLEGROUND (commercial-free extended version)

9:50 p.m. (approximate): CROUCH END

Night 2: July 19

9 p.m.: UMNEY’S LAST CASE

10 p.m.: END OF THE WHOLE MESS

Night 3: July 26

9 p.m.: THE ROAD VIRUS HEADS NORTH

10 p.m.: THE FIFTH QUARTER

Night 4: August 2

9 p.m.: AUTOPSY ROOM FOUR

10 p.m.: YOU KNOW THEY GOT A HELL OF A BAND
  • CHUD offers a sneak peek

Folks in Atlanta who want to see two of these installments (I don't know which two, though The Road Virus Heads North is a fave) before they air on television are invited to join us for a theatrical screening of them in the coming month. All you have to do is send a SASE (Self Addressed, Stamped Envelope) to CHUD.com, 4915 Camberbridge Dr. Alpharetta GA 30022 with the name of your favorite Stephen King novel written on the cover and I'll send a pass your way. Sound easy? It is!
  • A special NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES: FROM THE STORIES OF STEPHEN KING presentation will take place at the next FANGORIA’s Weekend of Horrors convention, presented by Anchor Bay Entertainment, to be held June 2-4, 2006 at LA’s Burbank Airport Hilton (2500 Hollywood Way). Guest speakers previewing the eight-part TNT series event will be directors Brian (FARSCAPE) Henson, Rob (THE X FILES) Bowman and Mikael (‘SALEM’S LOT) Salomon; scripters Richard Christian Matheson (a MASTERS OF HORROR contributor) and Peter (THE CRAFT) Filardi and CROUCH END actress Claire Forlani. In addition, two episodes of NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES will make their world premieres at the con: BATTLEGROUND and YOU KNOW THEY GOT A HELL OF A BAND. The King-sized panel and BATTLEGROUND screening will close the convention late Sunday.