Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Another Question For Bev... Concerning DT7

edited June 2004 in Dark Tower
Bev,

I know they started an Official Bev Vincent Thread over at TheDarkTower.net to post questions regarding the final volumes of the DT series to you, but I much prefer your messageboard myself. Straight up face to face with da man himself on his own turf  ;)

This one question I don't consider as specific enough to reveal any important plot point although I don't mind the spoilers myself but it would be rather unfair to those who just happens to wander into this thread wouldn't it?  ::)

The question: In DT7, is there a significant portion allocated for the exploration of The Dark Tower itself once Roland arrives at the nexus of his lifetime quest or is it like Black House in which we just get a once over tour in one or two pages??

Black House was in all other aspects what I consider a rare gem in today's horror/fantasy genre except for the said disappointment. I mean the title itself says Black House but at the climax of the tale we are allowed only a brief glimpse through the interior of the house as we are hurriedly rushed through for the final confrontation with Mr Munshun. It is as if King and Straub just ran out of deadline and wanted to finish what they started the fastest way possible. If DT7 also turns out the same way I would be sorely disappointed after investing a better part of my time in the series  ;)

Hope you can answer this.

Sunny

Malaysia

Comments

• sunny99 wrote: Bev,

The question: In DT7, is there a significant portion allocated for the exploration of The Dark Tower itself once Roland arrives at the nexus of his lifetime quest or is it like Black House in which we just get a once over tour in one or two pages??

Sorry, that's a more specific question than I'm willing to answer about the book. Your question will be answered in a few short months.
  • I will take that as a yes then. Thanks man! :D
  • Don't take it as a "yes" because that is not the way Bev operates. He answers very very vague questions only and does not answer otherwise.

You might ask:

Do we get to learn anything about the tower in the last book?

and that would probably be as concrete as a question as he would give an answer to. And I'm guessing you could get the answer to that question without even asking Bev.
  • He speaks true.