Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Marvel Characters to Appear in Dark Tower Comic Se

edited April 2006 in General news
APRIL FOOLS! (stolen from thedarktower dot net)

New York City, NY (AP) - In an effort to entice comic book readers unfamiliar with Stephen King’s The Dark Tower novels, Marvel Entertainment announced today that legendary Marvel characters will make cameo appearances in the comic book adaptation of the series.

“With so many universes intertwining into one world, we at Marvel feel that we can integrate popular Marvel Universe characters into the world of The Dark Tower while maintaining the integrity of Mr. King’s works,” commented Joe Quesada, Editor-In-Chief and CFO or Marvel Entertainment’s Publishing division.

The first issue of the planned six-part installment will appear in February 2007, originally pushed back from a Spring 2006 release date. The books, adapted from a seven-part series referred to as King’s “magnum opus”, centers around Roland Deschain, the last gunslinger of a deteriorating world.

Wolverine, arguably Marvel’s most popular character, is set to make an appearance in the first issue.

“Roland’s world is filled with what are called ‘slow mutants’, so we figured it just made sense,” Quesada said.

Series artist Jae Lee is also excited about the character appearances.

“Ever since I was a child, I have always wanted to sketch Spider-Man in a Marvel book,” Lee emphatically remarks. “And choosing Eddie Dean to replace Peter Parker as Spider-Man’s secret identity is simply a brilliant concept.”

Other characters slated to make cameos in the series are The Thing, portraying a Beam Guardian, and Mystique as a love-hungry Oracle.

“We are very much looking forward to the story arc where Jake Chambers is revealed to be the love child of Mr. Fantastic and the Invisible Woman,” Dan Buckley, Marvel Publishing’s COO commented. “It will bring an entire new dimension to the Marvel Universe.”

Stephen King could not be reached for comment.

Highlight the blank space at the top of the message for more details!

Comments

• LOL, Bev - I was just about to ask if this was an April Fools joke, then I saw the headline for the story!!

Thank god it's a joke!!
  • Man, I didn't read this until April Fool's Day was a memory. I was about to go off on QUITE a rant. ::)

Blu
  • BluGilliand wrote: Man, I didn't read this until April Fool's Day was a memory. I was about to go off on QUITE a rant.  ::)

Blu

I wouldn't have been far behind you, Blu...lol ::)