Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Green Mile -- limited edition from Subterranea

edited June 2006 in General news
The Green Mile

By Stephen King

Illustrated by Mark Geyer

(Preorder -- to be released this fall.)

Gift: $150

Limited: $900

Lettered: $2500

"What, I wondered, would it be like to walk those last forty yards to the electric chair, knowing you were going to die there? What, for that matter, would it be like to be the man who had to strap the condemned in... or pull the switch? What would such a job take out of you? Even creepier, what might it add?"

--Stephen King

These questions inspired one of the most powerful works in the Stephen King canon: The Green Mile. Set during the American Depression, King's tale of a prison ward superintendent and the giant, gentle prisoner condemned to walk those last forty yards to his death captured the imagination of readers everywhere when first published in six installments in 1996. Not only did King's tale resurrect the serial format of storytelling once employed by Charles Dickens, The Green Mile literally had readers on the edge of their seats awaiting the next episode. When the final installment appeared, King made publishing history by simultaneously earning slots for all six volumes on the New York Times paperback bestseller list.

Subterranean Press is delighted to announce the 10th Anniversary Edition of this classic work. Mark Geyer, whose art graced the original paperback releases of The Green Mile, has agreed to provide more than 60 original sketches for our edition. This exclusive publication will consist of six individual illustrated hardcover volumes, contained in a cloth slipcase.

Gift: 2000 unsigned cloth bound sets, in slipcase

Limited: 148 signed numbered sets, bound in leather and cloth, in slipcase

Lettered: 52 signed sets, with one of the original sketches matted in the traycase

We are still in the planning stages for certain aspects of The Green Mile, but we can tell you that we expect the Limited and Lettered Sets will be printed on 70# Mohawk Superfine, some of the best paper commercially available. The Gift Set will be printed on Mohawk Vellum, itself a nicely textured paper.

A few important notes: Customers may order one Limited Edition Set or one Lettered Edition Set, and up to five Gift Sets. We regret that we are not able to accept phone orders for this title. Finally, no coupons, specials, or savings certificates may be applied to purchase of this title.

Comments

• just a bit too pricey for my blood! :o
  • Mine, too, I think, although considering it will be six hardcover books, maybe not unreasonable. Here's what the publisher posted on Shocklines:

[edit]Mr. King will be signing one of the six volumes in the limited set. I know it's pricey, but please keep in mind a couple of things: the limitation is quite low for a King limited, and we're going to be printing SIX books for each set. It'd be far far cheaper to print and bind a regular 450 page novel than the six smaller volumes.

This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to do a King limited, and we're going to put together a nice package.[/edit]
  • Man this is tempting..... and I loved the book. But, I have a house to pay for now - and considering I haven't even made my 2nd mortgage payment yet... I think SK purchases will have to wait a bit. :-[

TEN years?!?! That book came out that long ago?! Where in the world has time gone.....