Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Dark Tower Realities Question

edited July 2006 in Dark Tower
Hi Bev.

Its been waaaayyyy too long but I'm finally back and posting (Happy 4th of July btw).

Been doing some re-reading and DT is part of it.

Question time  ;D  :

In DT2, I got the impression that Jake, Eddie and Susannah were from the same New York but only of a different "when". However, in DT6 (or is it DT5? My re-reading haven't gotten that far yet) it was made clear that Susannah was from the Keystone Earth that the fictional SK reside firstly because she knows the real location of the A-train station as opposed to the fictional location in DT2 and secondly because her Godfather with the help of others build the Tet Corp in New York of Keystone Earth.

So, how can we tie this up with Jack Mort who Roland 'possesses' in DT2 and made to jump from the fictional train station? Roland distinctly reads through Mort's memories and found that he was the one who first dropped a brick on Susannah's head and then much later caused her to lose her legs by pushing her off the platform of a train station. And yet Mort is also the one who pushes Jake into Balazar's oncoming car causing his first death and the first meeting with Roland at The Way Station. But we know Jake is not from Keystone Earth because he met the younger version of Eddie in DT3. Moreover the station in which Mort die couldn't possibly exist in Keystone Earth where Susannah is from (or could it??  :-?  ) So how do you see these loose strands and what is your explanation in tying up all of these factual discrepancies to make a coherent whole?? (without letting the Tower fall  ;) )

Sunny

Comments

• Hi, Sunny -- I don't think we can deduce based on a single detail which reality any of the America-side characters came from. Since there are infinite universes, some may only differ by a single detail. In some, every detail may be identical to keystone earth except dollar bills are red instead of green!

Her godfather may also have existed in many realities, only one of which was the keystone.