Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

George Romero talks about making Creepshow

edited September 2006 in General news
Romero said he had "a blast" making "Creepshow," shown Saturday, which tells five horror stories in comic book style.

"It was the first time for me working with name actors and Steve King. We were like kids in a candy store," he said. "We didn't know if we could pull it off. We didn't have too much dough. It's really (made) from the heart."

Romero said he went to King with an idea to do three stories. King suggested the comic book format and wrote the script in three weeks. The five stories feature actors including Hal Holbrook and E.G. Marshall, who stars in the last story, "They're Creeping Up On You," about a cockroach invasion.

Romero said producers got the cockroaches from Trinidad because they were too expensive locally.

"They collected 18,000 roaches and bred 10,000 more in a trailer called Roach Motel," Savini said. "We had three sizes. The biggest were called Steve, after Stephen King. The middle ones were named George and the very tiny ones were Richard, after Richard Rubeinstein (the producer). But a lot of them were painted black pistachio shells."

Savini also revealed that Leslie Nielsen, who with Ted Danson stars the "Creepshow" story "Something to Tide You Over," used a "fart machine" to produce his hysterical laughter in the film.

Romero said Nielsen used the machine again in a restaurant when customers approached him.

>>> Source: Zwire