Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The author photo

Author: Bev Vincent

Come back tomorrow -- maybe it'll be a little bigger...

:D

Author: Rache4173

LMAO!! Bev... I know I've said this before, but... you're a tease! :p

Author: Ratty

ok ok ok i promise i wont touch this one :)

Author: eta6

Hey, looks good. ;) lol

ohhhh its got the Val Doonigan look...

I dunno who that is...

I ended up with 23 proofs from the shoot and at least half of them were candidates. My wife and I whittled it down to a handful. I had one that I really liked more than the others, but it was a little aloof in posture and I wasn't making eye contact with the camera. Still, it most closely matched what I had imagined my author photo might look like.

Some of the ones my wife liked, I did as well. A couple of them I didn't care for because of some detail -- mostly the way my hands or arms were positioned.

I enlisted the input of my agent and my editor. They both picked the same picture, which was one of the ones my wife liked, too. The one I liked ranked near the bottom of their list.

So, the teeny picture you see above, which will magically grow a little bit bigger tomorrow, is the one that my agent, editor and wife preferred and is the one that will be used by my publisher.

The photographer, by the way, a guy named Tom Richardson who operates Southern Exposure used to take photos for military intelligence. That made the shoot a little strange, since he insisted on hiding in the bushes and shooting with a telephoto lens... ~0

Val is an old TV celeb. who use to dominate the TV on a sunday night in his rocking chair wearing cardigans and had a guitar in his hands. He played to the masses (and old folks LOVED him) who use to sit around his chair.

Author: DTUK

Where these covert pictures taken, Bev?, or did Tom let you know before hand he would be hiding in the bushes ~0 Makes you wonder if there is a photo album somewhere with “covert” pics in it so they can blackmail you with later on down the line ;) lol

Like paparrazzi pics...lol

Today, the picture is slightly bigger. Come back on Monday and it might be large enough to compare me to Val Doonigan.

The covert photos were taken while I strolled casually around a park near a lake and adopted uncomfortable, strained poses that are supposedly photogenic.

Author: eta6

That photo looks to be shaping up nicely.

And I hate adopted uncomfortable, strained poses too. Blah.

From what i can see it looks like a nice casual photo...so many are put up “atmospheric” pics that they detract from normality because of their desire to be something.

It's creeping up on you...

Objects in the mirror may be closer than they seem...

Isn't that the title of a Meatloaf track?

Cool pic btw :)

Bigger still...

Author: Rache4173

That's a nice photo of you Bev... very author-ish. :)

Agrees :)

Author: durdy

Now I don't know if it is the dark shirt or just the collar that makes you look like a catholic priest , but it is a nice pic still the same .

db

Well, I did play a catholic priest in a play in high school but that's about the closest thing that connects me to that profession by any stretch of the imagination!