Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Blaze in June

edited February 2007 in General news
Lilja reports that Scribner announced that BLAZE will be published on June 12, 2007.

Comments

• Wow - that seems pretty fast! I thought King was doing a rewrite to modernize the tale.
  • Perhaps "update" rather than modernize. King tends to rewrite fairly fast. It's also a very short novel by his standards.
  • Must be Bev.

Does Blaze give anyone a 'Of Mice and Men' vibe besides me?
  • Yes! I thought about it also :)
  • Lou_Sytsma wrote:

Does Blaze give anyone a 'Of Mice and Men' vibe besides me?

It gave King that sort of vibe, too--that's how he described the book in the Different Seasons afterword where he first talked about it.
  • Scribner is listing the book as

Blaze

A Posthumous Novel
  • Good memory Bev. I probably read that and forgot it about but the similarity is pretty obvious.

Love the posthumous angle!
  • Another interesting bit of trivia: in 1998, Steve Spignesi wrote (in The Lost Works of Stephen King) "The novel has a downbeat ending typical of a Bachman tale."
  • Blaze: A Posthumous Novel

By Richard Bachman

Foreword by Stephen King

List Price: $23.00

Hardcover, 256 pages

ISBN-10: 1-4165-5484-X

ISBN-13: 978-1-4165-5484-4
  • From Amazon/UK

"At 6'7"and just under 300 lbs, Clay Blaisdell is one big mother, but his capers were just small-time until he met George Rackley. George introduced him to a hundred cons and one big idea: kidnapping the child of rich parents. The Gerards are filthy rich, and the last twig on the family tree could be worth millions. There's only one problem: by the time the deal goes down, the brains of the partnership is dead. Or is he? Now Blaze is running into the teeth of a howling storm and the cops are closing in. He's got a baby as a hostage, and the crime of the century just turned into a race against time in the white hell of the Maine woods."
  • Lilja sent me a link to the cover:

• Lilja has the UK cover, too:

• Lilja reports that the narrator for the audio version of Blaze is Ron McLarty.
  • Full Disclosure -- King's forward to Blaze
  • Thanks Bev! Man if anyone ever had any questions about Joe Hill's lineage need just see that King photo.
  • Unless I overlooked them, the excerpt with King's foreward omitted his footnotes, some fifteen in total.

The ARC of Blaze, which I received today, also has the short story Memory at the back as a preview for Duma Key. Not sure if it will appear in the final hardcover or not, but I don't see why not.