Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Screaming Jenny

edited March 2007 in Short Stories
My brand new short story Screaming Jenny was accepted for Legends of the Mountain State: Ghostly Tales from the State of West Virginia, which will be published by Woodland Press in October.

This one must be some kind of record. I only started writing the story on Saturday morning and submitted it yesterday morning.

Comments

• Other contributors confirmed at this point are Tom Monteleone, Joe Nassise, Scott Nicholson, Kealan Patrick Burke and Tim Waggoner. U.S. Senator Robert Byrd is writing the introduction. Looks like a fun book!

• Stories by:

Thomas R. Monteleone

Tim Waggoner

Kealan Patrick Burke

Scott Nicholson

Joseph Nassise

Bev Vincent

Mark Justice

Geoffrey C. Fuller

Michael Hughes

Jude-Marie Green

Brian J. Hatcher

Trent Walters

Marta Murvosh

This anthology will be available at Shocklines
  • “When it seems like every genre anthology released these days tries to convince readers that it and it alone is reinventing the wheel, Legends of the Mountain State: Ghostly Tales from the State of West Virginia is more than a breath of fresh air; it’s a testament to the power of traditional, simple story-telling. Editor Michael Knost has assembled thirteen elegant, eerie, and affecting ghost stories written by authors who know and respect the tradition of such tales, and each offers up an atmospheric, straightforward, uncluttered narrative that one can easily imagine being told around a campfire late at night, as the stars blink down their light from a cold heaven and the sounds beyond the fire become unnervingly semi-human. There is poetic elegance in such simplicity, and this outstanding anthology proves it over and again. Simply superb.” - Bram Stoker and International Horror Guild Award-winner Gary A. Braunbeck, author of The Cedar Hill Stories and Mr. Hands

>> Read more...
  • Editor Michael Knost has assembled thirteen elegant, eerie, and affecting ghost stories written by authors who know and respect the tradition of such tales, and each offers up an atmospheric, straightforward, uncluttered narrative that one can easily imagine being told around a campfire late at night, as the stars blink down their light from a cold heaven and the sounds beyond the fire become unnervingly semi-human. There is poetic elegance in such simplicity, and this outstanding anthology proves it over and again. Simply superb.”

That's quite the poetic quote in itself!

Congratulations, Bev! That is very impressive- writing it so fast then submitting and being accepted so quickly. :) You are an excellent writer and I look forward to reading yours and all of these stories.

Is this available in book stores or only through online sellers?

LK
  • I'm not sure what distribution will be like. Your best bet -- and best deals -- will probably be online, but if I hear that it will be in stores I'll let everyone know.
  • I received my contributor copies today. A nice little book, with intro by Rick Hautala and blurbs by Gary Braunbeck, Fran Friel and others.
  • This is pretty cool: Editor Michael Knost talks about Legends of the Mountain State for a local TV station here.