Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Graduation Afternoon

edited March 2007 in General news
You can check out a review of Graduation Afternoon on my site and here is how King describes how he got the idea for it:

“When I woke, I slid to the floor, glad to be awake and amazed that any human brain could hold such a powerful image. I know I had to write about it, I know the story had to be short – no more then a vignette – and I know I would never be able to do the image (God, don’t let it be a vision) justice.”

Lilja

Comments

• I would strongly recommend that people skip King's brief introduction until after they've read the tale.
  • has your copy shipped yet? i was just wondering as i ordered mine from CD, but people already seem to have it...

-justin
  • The official launch is at World Horror in Toronto. I don't believe any copies are shipping from anyone before that.
  • I heard from the publisher that the mag. would be sold at the event and then sent out to the once that bought it after that, in late April.

It's a very good story though.

Lilja
  • interesting.  am i to assume that since it is a vignette that it's only a page or two?  $25 + shipping for one page!  whew!  maybe King won't include it in his next collection and it will remain a collector's item.

-justin
  • No, it's about six pages long, including one full-page illustration.
  • excellent. thanks for the info Bev.

-justin
  • I received my signed hardcover of Postscripts #10 last night.
  • where did you order it from? CD or the publisher?

-justin
  • Directly from PS Publishing.
  • my copy finally shipped from CD. King is absolutely right: that story is about scary as hell.

-justin
  • Graduation Afternoon will be reprinted in the first issue of the new Australian magazine BLACK: Australian Dark Culture