Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Legal issues

Author: soda

aight... sodanew here and I din't have time to read ALL posts yet, so forgive please, if I ask redundant questions.

Bev, didjya hafta sign any legal confidentiality doc's to get advances of the DT5-7?

-sodanew... butbeenaroundawhile

Author: Bev Vincent

Hi, soda, and your question isn't redundant. I didn't have to sign anything to get the advanced copies, but I got a friendly reminder from SK that he knew where I lived. ;) His publisher was concerned about details of the last three books leaking out prematurely, but I reassured her that I wouldn't be answering any questions about the story.

Author: CRinVA

Bev has proven over and again that he can act “mum's the word” when it's necessary. I doubt that we could pry any answers from him if he were on his death bed wreathing in agony with hope of comfort only if he tells the tale! :D

I would hope that on my death bed I'd have other things on my mind than the Dark Tower, as profound and all as it is!! ;) (Riffing off a funky question someone asked Peter Straub once about whether he'd have any last words for Stephen King on his deathbed!)

I got hit up at NECON last July by some people with very specific questions about the series. I told them I could answer questions like “How many pages are in the books,” things like that. I honestly believe that most people don't want to know things like “Who makes it to the Tower.” That would take a lot of the fun out of reading the rest of the books, don't you think?

Author: r1Pped

like reading the last page before starting the book

Author: soda

Well if it's one thing I've learned about Bev over the years, is that his integrity has always be held in the highest regard (at least in cyber world ;) ) I would just think that with the colossal anticipation over these final series of books, if I was SK, that I would want more than a handshake. Then again, maybe that says a few things about my own trust issues. :~

With that said, I'm sure I'm like every other SK fan... I don't wanna know one dam detail.

I've heard from his office staff that security around these manuscripts is higher than for any other books they've worked with for fifteen years, so I take it as a high compliment that King did this for me without hesitation. I know of other people -- whose names you might recognize -- who approached him for the manuscripts after I did and were turned down. That this project has any life at all is completely due to his willingness to cooperate on the level he did. Otherwise, I'd be still dreaming about someday getting started on it.

Author: CRinVA

I think that King's acceptance of your word speaks mountains! I'm sure you are very proud of that fact! I know I would be. Now go back to biting your tongue! :D

And keeping us guessing - that's the fun of it!

Author: Rache4173

Bev, don't you ever find yourself just completely shocked that you have a working relationship with Stephen King?

In addition to that, as Bob said... your word even gets you places that many people will never be! That obviously says a lot about you.

#)

I try not to stop and think about it too often, lest I be dumbstruck with awe. ~0

My wife often tells me I live a charmed life. I can't argue with her on that.