Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Mick Garris movie news: Buick, Bones, Gerald

edited August 2007 in General news
Besides relaunching MASTERS OF HORROR, Garris has a few movies in the works. These include more projects mining Stephen King’s book catalog, where the director has found numerous riches in the past (THE STAND, THE SHINING, etc.). “We have Matt Venne adapting BAG OF BONES as a feature film,” he revealed, citing King’s novel about a haunted writer. “I will produce and direct. Bruce Willis once had the book tied up after he optioned it. Now Mark Sennet, with whom I did DESPERATION, will produce it with me. I also have a deal to produce FROM A BUICK 8, which Tobe Hooper would direct. And another one I would love to do is GERALD’S GAME, which is my favorite King book.”

>> Source

Comments

• Tobe Hooper gets 'Buick' in gear

Tobe Hooper will direct the feature adaptation of Stephen King's novel "From a Buick 8."

Actor-writer Johnathon Schaech and Richard Chizmar wrote the script, which was optioned by Moonstone Entertainment chairman-CEO Etchie Stroh and Amicus Entertainment prexy Robert Katz.

"From a Buick 8" centers on a mysterious Buick stored in a state trooper barracks. After one of the troopers dies, his son becomes obsessed with the mysterious vintage automobile.

"From a Buick 8" will not be "your stock horror film by any means. There's a really cool, layered quality to the story," Hooper said. "The producers, writers and I shared the same sensibility about the project and responded to it in a similar way."

Stroh and Katz will produce the film under their partnership, which was announced at the Cannes Film Festival (Daily Variety, May 16). Also producing are Schaech and Chizmar, through their Chesapeake Films banner, and frequent King collaborator Mick Garris ("Masters of Horror," "The Stand").