Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What's your favourite collectible?

2»

Comments

• GNTLGNT said:
    I don't really have any collectibles.  I have special books.  Kingfamilyfan over on the SKMB has the most amazing collection of things.  It's fantastic!
    ....and obsessive....there's that....Love ya Lin!.......
    She definitely knows how to find the cool stuff!
    GNTLGNTcatNotaroFlakeNoir
  • It's a toss-up between my signed limited edition of "Doctor Sleep", or my hard-signed edition of "End of Watch".  I am so happy to have both.

"End of Watch" has more of a story behind it, I was the second to last person guaranteed a seat for the speaking venue where SK spoke in Sewickley, and then they distributed randomly signed copies amongst the unsigned ones as you left the event.  I somehow beat the odds and got a signed copy!

For my signed "Doctor Sleep", I got it the old-fashioned way...I spent a lot of money!
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • edited June 2020
    How many Stephen King/Joe Hill/Owen King events have you actually attended?  

I went to Ghost Brothers, but I have never had the opportunity to see him live on stage in front of an audience where he answers questions, or chats, or interviews someone.

And I'm not sure how many more of those he'll do. I think my time has run out to get the chance.
    GNTLGNTfushingfeefNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • How many Stephen King/Joe Hill/Owen King events have you actually attended?  

I went to Ghost Brothers, but I have never had the opportunity to see him live on stage in front of an audience where he answers questions, or chats, or interviews someone.

And I'm not sure how many more of those he'll do. I think my time has run out to get the chance.
    ....I have been to one, when he appeared in Dayton, Ohio for End of Watch......

fushingfeefNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • edited June 2020
    So lucky, I wish I could have seen him in this environment.

But, Ghost Brothers was a lifetime experience that I will always fondly remember.  It just kills me that it didn't expand and go to more cities as a big production.  It was terrific!
  • So lucky.  But, Ghost Brothers was a lifetime experience that I will always fondly remember.  It just kills me that it didn't expand and go to more cities as a big production.  It was terrific!
    ....I would have liked to have seen that......Tracy got a signed book in Dayton......guess who didn't?.....
    10 Things Dogs Hate about Their Owners HILARIOUS
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    So lucky.  But, Ghost Brothers was a lifetime experience that I will always fondly remember.  It just kills me that it didn't expand and go to more cities as a big production.  It was terrific!
    ....I would have liked to have seen that......Tracy got a signed book in Dayton......guess who didn't?.....
    10 Things Dogs Hate about Their Owners HILARIOUS
    damn! isn't that how it goes?
    NotaroFlakeNoircat

Two.  The "End of Watch" book tour was the more recent one, but I also saw him way back in 1994 or so in Pittsburgh, he was part of a Carnegie Lecture Series.  To see Stephen King you had to purchase the whole lecture series, which I gladly did.  It was such a thrill to see him and hear him in person for the first time.  He unexpectedly did a quick Q&A at the end, and I nearly got picked (I was in the front row of the balcony) but time ran out.  I still have the program for that lecture series packed away somewhere...
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoircat

Two.  The "End of Watch" book tour was the more recent one, but I also saw him way back in 1994 or so in Pittsburgh, he was part of a Carnegie Lecture Series.  To see Stephen King you had to purchase the whole lecture series, which I gladly did.  It was such a thrill to see him and hear him in person for the first time.  He unexpectedly did a quick Q&A at the end, and I nearly got picked (I was in the front row of the balcony) but time ran out.  I still have the program for that lecture series packed away somewhere...
    I am envious.
    fushingfeefGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • I've lost count...
  • I've lost count...
    You've really had the chance to watch the Stephen King machine that's put out to the public shapeshift over the years.  He hasn't had to do anything to stay relevant, because he's Stephen f*cking King,  but he continues to jump into new things, challenge the status quo and embrace a very fluid, changing book world.  

Does he ever get bored I wonder?  
  • I've lost count...
    No Kidding GIFs  Tenor
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • ....I am glad for you Bev, but there are those of us(me)who are very envious.....we have gone our entire lives wishing for just a momentary connection.....it's made even more difficult by the fact that he's "just folks", and is the true hero type because of his humility....
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....I am glad for you Bev, but there are those of us(me)who are very envious.....we have gone our entire lives wishing for just a momentary connection.....it's made even more difficult by the fact that he's "just folks", and is the true hero type because of his humility....
    As Rich Chizmar would also say, it never occurred to us that we'd end up in the position we are relative to someone whose work we admired for so long. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....I am glad for you Bev, but there are those of us(me)who are very envious.....we have gone our entire lives wishing for just a momentary connection.....it's made even more difficult by the fact that he's "just folks", and is the true hero type because of his humility....
    As Rich Chizmar would also say, it never occurred to us that we'd end up in the position we are relative to someone whose work we admired for so long. 
    ....indeed.....true definition of happy providence.....
    Hedda GablerBevVincentNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • Of course being in another time-zone/separate continent/world lol I've never been even remotely close to Stephen. My closest connections were when he read our "Birthday Story" gift to him back in 2005 and commented on my (lol) illustrations and another time he was in the office with Marsha and one of my (many) care packages arrived in the office.
    The was a cap inside and it has the Maori word for New Zealand on it, (Aotearoa) he stopped Marsha when she went by his desk and told her to ask me what it meant.
    I nearly died... Hahahahahaha.
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gablercatnot_nadine
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Of course being in another time-zone/separate continent/world lol I've never been even remotely close to Stephen. My closest connections were when he read our "Birthday Story" gift to him back in 2005 and commented on my (lol) illustrations and another time he was in the office with Marsha and one of my (many) care packages arrived in the office.
    The was a cap inside and it has the Maori word for New Zealand on it, (Aotearoa) he stopped Marsha when she went by his desk and told her to ask me what it meant.
    I nearly died... Hahahahahaha.
    ....but these are awesome memories!.....it's a personal connection, even though it seems second hand maybe to you.....I couldn't even get a damn kitchen tour invite!!!....it's because I'm an uncultured lug from Ohio.....I just know it....
    Humorous Stereotypical Maps Of Ohio....I'm smack-dab in "Hillbilly" green.....
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoircatNeesy