Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Rue Morgue #73

APOCALYPSE, MAINE

Frank Darabont, award-winning director of The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile, returns to his horror roots with The Mist, another big-screen adaptation of a Stephen King fan favourite. The low-budget Lovecraftian siege story rolls into theatres this month. Interviews with Darabont and lead Thomas Jane. Plus: Classic King reissued on DVD, and more!

by Bev Vincent, James Grainger, Aaron Von Lupton and Dave Alexander

Comments

• Cool - I'll check it out.
  • Congratulations, Bev. Looks very interesting.

HBJ
  • I received my contributor copies in the mail today. It looks great! I have nearly four full pages in the issue.
  • The aforementioned ‘Notes’ as well as the leading articles are all regarding this month’s release of Frank (Shawshank) Darabont’s “The Mist”, adapted from the famous Stephen King novella. Bev Vincent and Dave Alexander do wonders with the material, presenting a wholly enjoyable article with an intelligent tête-à-tête with director Darabont regarding the inspiration and the production. In the middle of this, James Grainger also brings us a one-page feature on The Mist from star Tom Jane’s point of view, and Aaron Von Lupton takes a look at three just-released special editions of previous King film adaptations, before Dave Alexander is back closing it all of with an striking peek at The Dark Tower comic book spin-off.

-Vince D’Amato

>>> Source(warning: link has annoying popups)
  • The November issue of Rue Morgue features Stephen King's "The Mist" on the front cover and after seeing the film in theatres it deserved the special Rue Morgue treatment. I was pleased to read that Frank Darabont was a fan of Stephen King's Novella that was first published in Dark Forces. Despite the films flaws I enjoyed reading the enthusiasm that Darabont had for what I believe to be a dream project. I also enjoyed reading Darabont speak about the freedom that this project allowed him due to the kind of story it was. He was very descriptive and informative throughout the entire interview so I have to hand it to Bev Vincent for the interview and the article.

-Russ Rutter

>>> Source