Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

King on Today

edited January 2008 in General news
King will appear on Today on NBC on Tuesday, January 22.

Do you have burning questions about psychic powers, haunted cemeteries or possessed cars for author Stephen King? Or do you want to ask him about his new book, Duma Key? Write in your questions, and he might answer them on TODAY!

>>> Link.

Comments

• Many more questions were asked than King could handle on the live broadcast, so NBC has posted an online Q&A: Why writing is like sex.
  • The video is here. Click on the video link underneath The King of Scary in the upper right corner.
  • King may also be on the Saturday edition of Today Weekend on NBC. Check your local listings for details.
  • Bev I do not see The King of Scary - I do see the Hing of Horror and when I link it appears that a video is going to play but nothing ever happens????
  • The page probably changes on a daily basis. Try going here instead -- it should take you straight to the video.
  • King will appear on Weekend Today on Saturday (Jan 26) at approximately 7:50 a.m. Eastern time. This is a different interview than the one that aired on Tuesday. Check your local listings for more specifics for your area.
  • Because of other breaking news, King's appearance didn't air this past weekend. It will be on next weekend instead.
  • I was kicking my self because I slept in Saturday and didn't get up until after 8. I thought I missed the interview. (I don't own a recorder.) At least, if I remember, I'll get to watch it this weekend.

John
  • King made it on the Today show this morning, about 8:10 if I'm not mistaken.  No big announcements or anything, but the interviewer said she was only about 100 pages into the book.  She also said she's a big fan. I don't think the video of this is on the Today show site, though.

John
  • Thanks -- that'll narrow down the four hours of videotape I have to search through. I taped it on Sunday as well in case he got bumped again.
  • I finally got around to watching the Saturday morning Today show interview. It wasn't all that memorable. The interviewer admitted up front that she hadn't read the book completely yet, and the questions just covered the same ground as the earlier interview, though without all the annoying placards in the background.

I haven't seen the clip online at the Today show site.