Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Can't wait for the S5 finale of Fargo -- Juno Temple is fantastic in it.

I started season 1 of Slow Horses -- so far, so good.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Gobbled down Season 3 of For All Mankind. This series has really, really hooked me. Ron Moore of Star Trek:TNG & DS9, the Battlestar Galactica remake, and Outlander has crafted another excellent series. It's a great alternative reality series.

One more season to go.

Also finished Happy Valley. Enjoyable thanks to the lead and antagonist.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited January 14
    True Detective drops first episode tonight. I haven’t decided if I’m going to along or wait for the end and binge. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • True Detective drops first episode tonight. I haven’t decided if I’m going to along or wait for the end and binge. 
    With Jodie Foster on it i'm kinda excited. She is an excellent actor!!!
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Yes she is. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • True Detective drops first episode tonight. I haven’t decided if I’m going to along or wait for the end and binge. 
    I rewatched the first season recently. Binge-ing it let me see things that I didn't see or connect the first time through. But still, I'm pretty sure I'm going to watch the first episode tomorrow!
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • edited January 16
    Binge watched Loudermilk, funny and poignant, excellent performences from all the cast.

NeesyGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Slow Horses is really, really good. Three 6-episode seasons available now; it's been renewed through season 5.
    NeesyGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • True detective — hmmm. Interesting.

Love Killing Eve Fiona Shaw in this. 

Started Patinkin series. I’m intrigued. 
    NeesyGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited January 16
    And in True Detective season 4 — love their choice of music. 

And moments of pure David Lynch
    NeesyGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Been watching Boy Swallows Universe.....really good but quite depressing....Felix Cameron who plays the lead character is absolutely fantastic, definitely a new star in the making.

NeesyHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • The season finale of Fargo S5 was beautiful. There was one thing about it I didn't like, but otherwise, beautiful.
    NeesyHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Starting watching a show called Unwanted based on a book called Bilal by Fabrizio Gatti- 

Andy thought it was a bit slow moving but I'm enjoying it so far.

About a cruise ship (Italian) that rescues 28 African refugees whose boat went on fire and sunk.

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited January 17
    And S4 of For All Mankind is in the books. Another strong season and what a 4 season character arc it has been for Wren Schmidt as Margo Madison. She has been fantastic - what an inspiring performance.

Watched the first episode of True Crime Season 4. Has a very John Carpenter - The Thing vibe to it.

Also have seen the first three episodes of Slow Horses. Gary Oldham is a having a blast with his role.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited January 17
    Lou_Sytsma said:

Also have seen the first three episodes of Slow Horses. Gary Oldham is a having a blast with his role.
    It's brilliant -- I binged through all three seasons in less than a week.

Check this out: Slow Horses — Gary Oldman & Kristin Scott Thomas: Legendary Forces - they interview each other.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirLou_SytsmaHedda GablerNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I've binged my way through Breaking Bad, yo! And missed it so much when it was done. So I watched the tv/movie special El Camino, which was great but also hilarious seeing characters that were supposed to be so much younger than what they actually were. 😃
    I'm now watching Better Call Saul. I have 6 seasons to pack away before we lose Neon. 😬
    I need to keep going with saul myself. 
    Highly recommended. I finished it yesterday, I loved it as much as I did BB. So many times I just wanted to shake him, though. Sigh.🥹

I've started on "Fool Me Once". It's good so far.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited January 21
    Finished Jury Duty. Not one for reality TV shows but this one appealed because of the premise and the small time investment - only 8 episodes. This is a lot of fun and a feel good experience because of the premise and the likeableness of the cast.

I'm also watching this one. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Season 1 of Slow Horses done. Definitely a lot of fun. Gary Oldham is priceless.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • It's a great series...it keeps getting better and better. The S3 finale almost gave me a heart attack.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTLou_Sytsma
  • edited January 21
    Beef
    Succession
    The Bear

I need to watch these because they won a lot of Emmy Awards.  Which was a great show. I loved the creative format. 

Anyone a fan of any of the above?

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Beef
    Succession
    The Bear

I need to watch these because they won a lot of Emmy Awards.  Which was a great show. I loved the creative format. 

Anyone a fan of any of the above?

I've heard that Beef is good. I haven't been able to find The Bear yet. Don't know anything about Succession. (trailer was good though)
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Beef is terrific. The Bear might not appeal to all--it's two people who take an instant dislike to each other and set out to make each other miserable. Succession is about a powerful family-led business where there is lots of internal squabbles as well as external threats. It's hard to like any of the characters, but the story is compelling.
    GNTLGNTLou_SytsmaFlakeNoirNeesyHedda Gabler
  • edited January 22
    Beef is terrific. The Bear might not appeal to all--it's two people who take an instant dislike to each other and set out to make each other miserable. Succession is about a powerful family-led business where there is lots of internal squabbles as well as external threats. It's hard to like any of the characters, but the story is compelling.
    You've switched The Bear and Beef. Beef is the one about two people taking an instant dislike to one another. The Bear is a fantastic show about an elite cook taking over his dead brother's restaurant and trying to make a go of it.

Succession is of no interest of me. Nor to King.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Enjoying True Detective Season 4 though it perpetuates the needless/gratuitous sex scene motif of the series.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyHedda Gabler
  • edited January 24
    Watching a new animated Netflix - Blue Eyed Samurai. It's a revenge story with an interesting twist. Very well animated and well written.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir