Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• edited November 2022
    Inside Man

loved the Tucci part.  The Tennant part

It was hard for me to embrace this. He’s a fucking vicar as he loves to tell us.  I do believe a man of the cloth can go to the police when a crime is being committed. Why was he protecting edgar so fervently? Yes, he felt a duty and Edgar had tried suicide before. But edgar needed mental health services.  Not someone enabling him. So, this boiled down to “the needs of the one outweighed the needs of the many?”  All those abused children. With that evidence, a whole network of pedophiles could’ve been taken down. Children saved.  All he had to do was turn over the drive, tell the cops and they would have investigated by seeing Edgar’s fingerprints on drive. Information on drive would lead to Edgar. Do forensics on his laptop. Talk to the mother. She would’ve sang like a bird being confronted by police and her obvious repulsion of her son. And question Edgar. He would’ve cracked.  He was in shambles after 5 minutes with the fucking vicar, what would he have been like after a couple hours with authorities?  The decisions kept getting worse and worse. Dumber and dumber. And he thinks scolding a pedo, “don’t you do that anymore!” was going to fix him?  And not one thought to rescuing children? Nope. 

GNTLGNT
  • @Hedda Gabler have you finished Inside Man? I didn't want to read your post yet just in case. 
    I haven't watched any more yet, can only watch on certain nights, hopefully will see another episode tonight. 
    GNTLGNT
  • edited November 2022
    FlakeNoir said:
    @Hedda Gabler have you finished Inside Man? I didn't want to read your post yet just in case. 
    I haven't watched any more yet, can only watch on certain nights, hopefully will see another episode tonight. 
    Finished it.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • The gag with the container-mover near the end of episode 1 of Deadwind was pretty good. I need to remind myself what Henna did at the end of S2. The scene at the end of E1 prodded a few memories.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • The gag with the container-mover near the end of episode 1 of Deadwind was pretty good. I need to remind myself what Henna did at the end of S2. The scene at the end of E1 prodded a few memories.
    I also had to go back and reminded myself what she did. But as soon you do, ah yes. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Inside Man

loved the Tucci part.  The Tennant part

It was hard for me to embrace this. He’s a fucking vicar as he loves to tell us.  I do believe a man of the cloth can go to the police when a crime is being committed. Why was he protecting edgar so fervently? Yes, he felt a duty and Edgar had tried suicide before. But edgar needed mental health services.  Not someone enabling him. So, this boiled down to “the needs of the one outweighed the needs of the many?”  All those abused children. With that evidence, a whole network of pedophiles could’ve been taken down. Children saved.  All he had to do was turn over the drive, tell the cops and they would have investigated by seeing Edgar’s fingerprints on drive. Information on drive would lead to Edgar. Do forensics on his laptop. Talk to the mother. She would’ve sang like a bird being confronted by police and her obvious repulsion of her son. And question Edgar. He would’ve cracked.  He was in shambles after 5 minutes with the fucking vicar, what would he have been like after a couple hours with authorities?  The decisions kept getting worse and worse. Dumber and dumber. And he thinks scolding a pedo, “don’t you do that anymore!” was going to fix him?  And not one thought to rescuing children? Nope. 

Just wanted to add, i do love how they interwove the characters and stories . What tucci did to get people to where they needed to be. That was really good. It was just the instigating crime that I just couldn’t embrace. I agree it had to be a big thing to get the bad-decision ball rolling. I just wish it wouldn’t have involved

Children being abused and the fucking vicar protecting a scumbag instead of doing the right thing to protect the kids. 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
    I also had to go back and reminded myself what she did. But as soon you do, ah yes. 
    Wth is this babble? I posted quick — actually, it’s not any better or worse than any of my other babble.  🫤
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I'm not a car guy, but I wouldn't turn down Nurmi's car on Deadwind.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • ...Beamer E31 8 series if I saw it right....
    FlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • The one I saw was a Porche, I think. Either electric or hybrid.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Deadwind

The bit about not bothering to identify the burned bodies in the car wreck didn't work for me. Sure they "knew" who the two people are, but you'd think they'd want to make sure the next-of-kin got the right body...

GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • The one I saw was a Porche, I think. Either electric or hybrid.
    ....electric....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • boogie woggie
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • boogie woggie
    ...anything like boogie oogie oogie?....
    FlakeNoirnot_nadine
  • edited November 2022
    You've all lost me. 😃
    Okay, never-mind.. I Googled. 😁
    not_nadineKurbenGNTLGNT
  • Bad Sisters on Apple TV+ -- an Irish crime comedy about a real bastard who's dead from the opening scene. His widow has a crop of sisters, all of whom hated "the prick" and might have had something to do with his untimely death (at least, not for want of trying). Then there's this life insurance guy who needs to prove there was something improper so he can avoid paying out the claim because he has no money. He's played by Brendan Gleason's son. The youngest sister is played by Bono's daughter. It's a real Rube Goldberg story...which is why the opening credits are so apropos. Dark, dark humor.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Bad Sisters is in my queue .  I hope it’s good. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • British Baking ….

Finally.  He needed to go. Sandro better reign it in and focus. 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
    I was iffy after 1 episode but the end of the second had me hooked and I'm onto five or six now and enjoying it very much.

I keep forgetting about the Baking show -- I'll have to catch up later.
    I was iffy after 1 episode but the end of the second had me hooked and I'm onto five or six now and enjoying it very much.

I keep forgetting about the Baking show -- I'll have to catch up later.
    This will be my weekend watching. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • British Baking ….

It's interesting -- it looked like Janusz was the one to beat from the beginning but then he began a downward spiral and Syabira started emerging from the pack. I think she's still the top contender, but we'll see.

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • British Baking ….

It's interesting -- it looked like Janusz was the one to beat from the beginning but then he began a downward spiral and Syabira started emerging from the pack. I think she's still the top contender, but we'll see.

Yes. She has been steady. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Bad Sisters on Apple TV+ -- an Irish crime comedy about a real bastard who's dead from the opening scene. His widow has a crop of sisters, all of whom hated "the prick" and might have had something to do with his untimely death (at least, not for want of trying). Then there's this life insurance guy who needs to prove there was something improper so he can avoid paying out the claim because he has no money. He's played by Brendan Gleason's son. The youngest sister is played by Bono's daughter. It's a real Rube Goldberg story...which is why the opening credits are so apropos. Dark, dark humor.
    I really enjoyed this one. The payoff is terrific and there are so many jaw-dropping surprises along the way.
  • Got it going. I seriously dislike this man.  I hope he died creatively, that whomever killed him gets away with it and they somehow get the money.
    BevVincentKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir