Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Notaro said:
    Went with an old favourite over the weekend, Ravenous got absolutely no love upon it's release,  I saw it in a near empty cinema, but it's a cracking movie, dark humour, terrific cast and great performances. Recommended....

Neal McDonough was in that.  He's in Legends of Tomorrow and I hate him. bwhahaohaohaa.  
    NotaroFlakeNoircatGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    Went with an old favourite over the weekend, Ravenous got absolutely no love upon it's release,  I saw it in a near empty cinema, but it's a cracking movie, dark humour, terrific cast and great performances. Recommended....

Neal McDonough was in that.  He's in Legends of Tomorrow and I hate him. bwhahaohaohaa.  
    I can't argue with that😀
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoircatGNTLGNT
  • edited August 2020
     :D 

I watch Legends with my kid and every damn season, here's Neal.  I'm just sitting there and ugh! (haven't hit exclamation point quota for the day so I am using it), and ask my kid, "do we get a new villain, soon?"
    FlakeNoirNotarocatGNTLGNT
  • Never saw Legends, superhero stuff? 
    FlakeNoircatGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Never saw Legends, superhero stuff? 
    Yes.
    FlakeNoircatGNTLGNT
  • You still might enjoy Ravenous Hedda, McDonough has a nasty demise in it, that should make you happy😁
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    You still might enjoy Ravenous Hedda, McDonough has a nasty demise in it, that should make you happy😁
    Ohhh,  there is a God.   ;)
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Pretty good, I liked this adaptation much better than Mercy which was released a few years ago. 

This kid did a pretty good job since the camera follows him.  He had so many bits of business that he had to keep juggling.  
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I'm watching "The Hitman's Bodyguard". Has anybody seen this?
    (The hardware store scene? :D :D :D )

NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I'm watching "The Hitman's Bodyguard". Has anybody seen this?

Yes Flakes, I thought it was pretty funny, Jackson and Reynolds have chemistry together, plenty of good laughs. 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    I'm watching "The Hitman's Bodyguard". Has anybody seen this?

Yes Flakes, I thought it was pretty funny, Jackson and Reynolds have chemistry together, plenty of good laughs. 
    It was hilarious, I just absolutely lost it with that fight with all the hardware stuff... and yeah there were so many belly laugh moments. Very well done. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited August 2020
    I've been eyeing a story on Netflix called The Legacy of the Bones.  In reading about it, it's the second entry in a trilogy, the first being The Invisible Guardian.

So, I sat down and watched this Spanish entry, The Invisible Guardian.

This was good.  The story was interesting and just beautiful camera work, fantasic imagery.  There is a scene involving flour that was just unbelievable and the following scene as the flour dusted off the person as they ran across this beautiful bridge at night. I loved this bit of visual.

Anyway, starting The Legacy of the Bones now.  And once again, I encourage you to watch it with subtitles and let the people speak in their native tongue.  I clicked on English just to see what it sounded like, horrible!  I don't know how anybody could watch a foreign film and get it dubbed in English.  Horrible sounding.  Fingernails on a chalkboard to my ears.  I love to hear the language it was filmed in and I will read subtitles.

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  •  Offering to the Storm. this was the third in the Baztan Trilogy.  I enjoyed this whole group of movies.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Watched this again earlier, always gets me a tad upset knowing he died shortly after....

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Watched this again earlier, always gets me a tad upset knowing he died shortly after....

...he was such an interesting gentleman to hear reminisce and his voice was one, as a broadcaster myself, I always envied.....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • We watched the Korean movie "Parasite" - Korean with English subtitles

It had a few good laughs but turned quite dramatic near the end

This one won the Oscar for Best Picture

Andy wasn't as impressed as me - he called it "predictable"

Has anyone else seen it yet?

NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirspideymanGNTLGNT
  • We liked it -- it made us think...who were the parasites? Multiple answers to that question!
    NeesyHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • We liked it -- it made us think...who were the parasites? Multiple answers to that question!

I liked it too - my husband is a bit of a dour personality (I got that word from the Scottish language) but underneath I think he is a softy

Maybe I will watch it again by myself without any distractions - it was hard to read a few of the subtitles due to the colours in the background

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotarospideymanGNTLGNT
  • I thought it was a great movie.
    NeesyFlakeNoirNotarospideymanGNTLGNT
  • I watched A Dog's Purpose this morning. Sequel to A Dog's Life. Tearjerker. In a good way though. 

It made me ugly/happy cry at the very end. The Rainbow Bridge was there and I just thought it was beautiful. 

FlakeNoirNotarospideymanHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • I'm watching Mortal Engines excellent movie, lots of action and a good story too.  
    NotarospideymancatHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited August 2020
    Neesy said:
    We liked it -- it made us think...who were the parasites? Multiple answers to that question!

I liked it too - my husband is a bit of a dour personality (I got that word from the Scottish language) but underneath I think he is a softy

Maybe I will watch it again by myself without any distractions - it was hard to read a few of the subtitles due to the colours in the background

....he is a Scottish man..."dour" runs through the veins......and he is quite nice when he gets past that....
    Hedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoir
  • Rewatching this, The Woman In Black: Angel Of Death, with my daughter, a decent follow up to the 2012 hit.

GNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited August 2020
    Notaro said:
    Rewatching this, The Woman In Black: Angel Of Death, with my daughter, a decent follow up to the 2012 hit.

Is the first one the one with Daniel Radcliffe? If so, i was  hugely disappointed In it. 

A term kicked around but very much true here, the first one was very atmospheric. The settings and props more intriguing to me than the characters, story or plot.  I was hyper focused on the look of the film.

This part 2 looks so much more interesting. Halfway through the trailer is the song from The innocents sung by Pamela Franklin.
    GNTLGNTNeesy
  • The first one did have Daniel Radcliffe, I really loved it because it surprised me, and it sacred the bejesus out of my wife and daughter, when we watch movies together I get more enjoyment out of their reactions that the film itself 😀,. I recommend the original 1989 version Hedda, it was a made for TV movie but it has plenty going for it.

Here it is in two parts, 

GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyspideyman